Senior Software Architect
Software Engineering | Petaluma, CA | Full Time
The Senior Software Architect is responsible for the design and integration of large-scale system enhancements and components of our existing SaaS Software Solution. Telecommunications experience highly desired.
Stonecrop Technologies is a wireless Systems Integrator that provides state-of- the-art wireless network deployment software and services to cellular carriers and governmental entities.
Since 2001, Stonecrop has transformed cellular and microwave deployments through a system of coordinated tools and processes that align design, supply chain, and installation. Working at a national level, Stonecrop delivers solutions by speeding the build and upgrade of carrier networks, and improving performance.
- Architects, designs, and assists with the implementation of solutions that conform to a business need
- Provides technical leadership on large-scale enhancements, resolves issues, performs appropriate level of research to determine solutions, and prioritizes and suggests technical strategies to achieve the long-term objectives of the department.
- Reviews requirements; generates architecture documents; provides rough order of magnitude estimates; and assists with implementation and unit, integration, and capacity testing.
- Shares architecture formally and informally with team, ensuring design consistency during development.
- Writes architecture documentation.
- Provides technical guidance to other team members.
- Maintains knowledge of and proposes technical advances based on newer technologies.
- Evaluates hardware and capacity needs related to proposed solutions.
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 10 or more years of software development experience.
- Previous software architecture experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience writing functional / detailed design / architectural specifications based on user and/or system requirements.
- Understanding of advanced principles of software architecture.
- Masterful understanding and application of several programming languages and tools. Ruby on Rails experience desired.
- Masterful understanding of system interfaces such as REST or SOAP.
- Ability to work with standard office tools.
- Ability to work with source control systems.
- Ability to work with architecture and design tools.
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
Our office environment is casual (jeans and a t-shirt) and flexible (no clock-punching), and we seek the right candidate to keep up with our “start-up” energy. Our refrigerators are stocked with snacks and drinks, and company-wide lunch-runs happen weekly. Our president’s two dogs are often curled up in front of her office.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) coverage.