Senior Data Analyst
Data Management | Petaluma, CA | Full Time
Do you LOVE data and spending your days wrestling with complex data sets?
Are you a master of data manipulation? A Math Magician? A Data Dragon slayer?
Do you enjoy finding the needle in the haystack and creating sophisticated data cleansing and validation routines?
Have you always wanted to work with super cool people in a laid back environment where they will ogle over your data analysis skills?
If so, perhaps you should come work with us...
Stonecrop Technologies is a wireless Systems Integrator that provides state-of- the-art wireless network deployment software and services to cellular carriers and governmental entities.
Since 2001, Stonecrop has transformed cellular and microwave deployments through a system of coordinated tools and processes that align design, supply chain, and installation. Working at a national level, Stonecrop delivers solutions by speeding the build and upgrade of carrier networks, and improving performance.
What you'll be working on:
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and "clean” data, and review reports
- executes data quality strategies in line with the organization`s strategic plan and goals.
- Execute data quality rules and definitions consistent with business strategies.
- Develops data quality metrics that identify gaps and ensure compliance with standards across the organization.
- Follows data quality process, governance, and issue tracking process tools.
- Establishes processes to continuously monitor data quality.
- Ensures processes are in place to proactively detect, correct, and prevent invalid data values.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting technical issues, conducting queries and retrieving data from various systems
- Develop solutions for automating complex repeatable queries that normalize and cleanse data.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Math, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant field and/or Advanced knowledge of database tools, ETL tools and SQL
- 5+ years of relevant data analysis experience
- Self-directed and meticulous
- Pragmatic problem-solver
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Love, Loves, Loves Data; passionate about and take a keen interest in data
- Strong spirit of innovation, self-starter, independent, and with ability to come up with solutions to meet business problems and suggestions for organizational improvements.
Our office environment is casual (jeans and a t-shirt) and flexible (no clock-punching), and we seek the right candidate to keep up with our “start-up” energy. Our refrigerators are stocked with snacks and drinks, and company-wide lunch-runs happen regularly.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with a matching 401(k), Life insurance and Long term disability .