Software Engineering | Petaluma, CA | Full Time
Be the glue that keeps us all together! We be Scrumming, and are looking for a servant leader to wrap their arms around our team and fill our hearts with scrum.
You may be the Droid we are looking for if:
You have a history of bringing leadership teams toward mutual respect and understanding of each's role in delighting the customer
You have played the Scrum Master for AT LEAST 2 years, for a team of leaders team that are learning Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
You thrive when you are building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
Stonecrop Technologies is a wireless Systems Integrator that provides state-of- the-art wireless network deployment software and services to cellular carriers and governmental entities.
Since 2001, Stonecrop has transformed cellular and microwave deployments through a system of coordinated tools and processes that align design, supply chain, and installation. Working at a national level, Stonecrop delivers solutions by speeding the build and upgrade of carrier networks, and improving performance.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Managing additional projects using either an Agile Scrum Framework or a traditional Waterfall Methodology
- First level Scrum Master (CSM, PSM I) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Experience using CA Agile Central (Rally) a plus
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Our office environment is casual (jeans and a t-shirt) and flexible (no clock-punching), and we seek the right candidate to keep up with our “start-up” energy. Our refrigerators are stocked with snacks and drinks, and company-wide lunch-runs happen weekly.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage.