Outbound Shipping Supervisor
Distribution Center | Columbus, OH | Full Time
Stonecrop Technologies is a wireless Systems Integrator that provides state-of- the-art wireless network deployment software and services to cellular carriers and governmental entities.
Since 2001, Stonecrop has transformed cellular and microwave deployments through a system of coordinated tools and processes that align design, supply chain, and installation. Working at a national level, Stonecrop delivers solutions by speeding the build and upgrade of carrier networks, and improving performance.
Ensures accurate and timely processing of customer orders through picking, checking, replenishing, manifesting and loading stages of the distribution process.
- Manages the daily work and safety of associates engaged in order selection, product replenishment, and order loading, to include all warehouse functions, selectors, loaders and forklift operators.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget. Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Manages the proper utilization of Company assets in support of the warehouse. Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Reviews warehouse functions and various warehouse productivity reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within warehouse. Identifies problems, proposes solutions to other members of management and promotes cooperation with other departments.
- Conducts shipping and loading audits daily ensuring all required documentation is accurately completed and that material is handled and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets, trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, updating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Business administration, industrial engineering, or a comparable discipline
- 2-5 years leading Outbound Shipping team, Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of freight companies and prior experience scheduling
- Experience or knowledge of WMS systems
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with a variety of manufacturing processes
- Experience managing teams of people in a production environment
- Experience in new product development and launch activities
- Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques.
- Ability to work with and develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Experience in hiring and developing new team members in a production environment.
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing tools like Jidoka or Kaizen Event
- Telecommunications/Wireless experience is a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage.