Transportation | Grove City, Ohio | Full Time
The promise of a connected future requires increasingly complex networks that are capital intensive to build. Stonecrop Technologies leverages software, mobile technology and supply chain expertise to reduce the cost and time required to develop, build and maintain telecommunications networks.
Established in 2001, Stonecrop continues to disrupt the way communications networks are deployed through a system of coordinated software applications and processes that align network design, supply chain, and installation. Stonecrop operates a national integrated logistics network with nearly 2 million square-feet of distribution space across 90+ U.S. cities.
We are an established company with a start-up culture; successful because we know how to shake things up, ask the difficult questions, and collaborate with our clients to break industry paradigms. Our employees embody our company values: teamwork, innovation, and self-directed initiative.
The Manager, Transportation is responsible for leading Transportation teams while managing the achievement of performance targets for the Stonecrop transportation network as we continue to expand nationally.
What you’ll be doing:
Strategically plan and manage logistics, forward stocking locations, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
Who We Are Looking For:
Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or related discipline; Master's Degree preferred
- 10 years proven working experience in logistics, warehousing and/ or distribution field; with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Experience working with Freight Bill and Audit Processes.
- Advanced knowledge in LTL, Truckload, Freight Forwarding, and Flatbed management with negotiating experience
- Knowledgeable in Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Prior experience in telecommunications
- Background in continuous improvement methodologies and/ or projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Extremely organized and possess excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and creative environment