IT Network Administrator
IT | Columbus, OH | Full Time
The IT Network Administrator will provide networking / systems engineering installation and troubleshooting expertise for Stonecrop Technologies. This role will be “hands on” and responsible for ensuring that systems are setup and functioning properly, within the design, qualification, and security specifications established by the Director of IT, and that all applicable policies, processes, and procedures are properly communicated and followed. Working closely with leadership to propose improvements to the business infrastructure and provide frequent and timely progress reports will be essential. This person must work as a team player in the IT Department and cross functionally with others throughout the organization.
Stonecrop Technologies is a wireless Systems Integrator that provides state-of- the-art wireless network deployment software and services to cellular carriers and governmental entities.
Since 2001, Stonecrop has transformed cellular and microwave deployments through a system of coordinated tools and processes that align design, supply chain, and installation. Working at a national level, Stonecrop delivers solutions by speeding the build and upgrade of carrier networks, and improving performance.
- Responsible for ensuring 24/7/365 availability of all business-critical technology assets.
- Thorough understanding of WAN/LAN troubleshooting and support using Cisco, Microtek routing, and Ruckus wireless technologies.
- Work with various technologies including desktops, servers, printers, network peripherals, RF Scanners, and network infrastructure.
- Assist with preparing new PCs (Windows and Mac), servers, and network infrastructure components.
- Strong Mac desktop support skills including Mac iOS setup and configuration
- Knowledge of MS Windows desktop and Windows 2008/2012 server, administration and maintenance including Windows professional setup and configuration
- Knowledge of CAT5e / 6 Ethernet cabling requirements.
- Working knowledge of routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Firm understanding of TCP/IP routing, sub-netting, and Windows networking.
- Ensures overall compliance effort for the IT group
- Maintains and executes on backup, replication, and disaster recovery strategy.
- Flexibility with occasionally scheduled projects during afterhours and/or weekends.
- Travel to troubleshoot and maintain networks and relationships.
- Minimum of 6 years of IT experience
- Degree in computer science, information engineering or other related areas.
- Possession of a Network Administration Certificate is required such as (MTCNA, CCNA, Network+, CCNP is a plus).
- Familiarity with the following: Cisco products, MikroTik routers, Ruckus Wireless products, Network Monitoring Tools, Windows Domain, Active Directory, DNS, Telnet, DHCP, TACACS+ & RADIUS, Synology NAS Storage environment.
- Extensive knowledge of current IT technologies and various hardware platforms in variety of environments.
- Exceptional managerial skills, ability to plan and control multiple projects simultaneously, with various degrees of complexity and size.
- Must be eager to conform to the needs of a 7/24/365 support environment.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong personal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong hardware installation and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in supply chain preferred but not required.