Engineering Standards Manager
Manufacturing Engineering | Garland, TX | Full Time
The promise of a connected future requires increasingly complex networks that are capital intensive to build. Stonecrop Technologies leverages software, mobile technology and supply chain expertise to reduce the cost and time required to develop, build and maintain telecommunications networks.
The Dirty Details:
The Engineering Standards Manager will combine their telecommunications industry expertise, technical aptitude, passion for product quality, and practical operations experience to develop a state of the art quality management tool using mobile technology. They will be responsible for overseeing our quality management program and will work alongside engineering and production to ensure Operational Excellence.
Established in 2001, Stonecrop continues to disrupt the way communications networks are deployed through a system of coordinated software applications and processes that align network design, supply chain, and installation. Stonecrop operates a national integrated logistics network with nearly 2 million square-feet of distribution space across 90+ U.S. cities.
We are an established company with a start-up culture; successful because we know how to shake things up, ask the difficult questions, and collaborate with our clients to break industry paradigms. Our employees embody our company values: teamwork, innovation, and self-directed initiative.
The Day to Day:
- Own overall Quality of engineering services rendered Create method of procedures (MOP) for each component for which our Operations Team performs value add servicesThis involves:
- Understanding what the products are
- Finding OEM instructions & directions for each product
- Determining what services will create value add services for client
- Work with client engineering & standards groups to understand their requirements Work with client engineering teams to resolving engineering conflicts
- Work in our proprietary software to set up standards
- Work with leads to ensure MOPs are clear and comprehensive
Who you are:
Curious, “outside the box” thinker
Technically savvy, with an interest in pushing the telecom industry forward
Bachelor's degree in technical field and/or minimum 5 years of telecommunication experience.
Background in Quality Assurance
Detailed knowledge of cell RF, electrical and mechanical design, including equipment configuration, TELCO interface
Must have excellent organizational skills.
Excellent team, project management, and communications skills.
Must be self-motivated, show initiative, and be able to work independently. Must be highly productive and able to manage several tasks and projects simultaneously.
Knowledge of databases, Microsoft Office applications, Google Suite applications, web-based application, and software tool packages.
Familiar with Telecommunication engineering relating to:
- Radio access Networks / Equipment (RAN)
- Core / Network
- Site installation and commissioning
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient working in databases (as Admin type user)
- Ability to work with people from various backgrounds and education levels