2nd Shift Manufacturing Production Supervisor
Distribution Center | Garland, TX | Full Time
Work with a team which values innovative leadership, dynamic personalities, and self-directed initiative.
Stonecrop Technologies is a wireless Systems Integrator that provides state-of- the-art wireless network deployment software and services to cellular carriers and governmental entities.
Since 2001, Stonecrop has transformed cellular and microwave deployments through a system of coordinated tools and processes that align design, supply chain, and installation. Working at a national level, Stonecrop delivers solutions by speeding the build and upgrade of carrier networks, and improving performance.
The 2nd Shift Production Supervisor is a member of the Manufacturing Production Team leading the development, implementation and application of Stonecrop Technologies’ Production System. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in the implementation and application of production systems in a manufacturing environment.
You must have a broad background with the ability to work with engineering, production associates, quality, and suppliers across a wide variety of issues and corrective actions identified in production and field performance.
The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Maintain even flow of work by being organized and planning ahead and being able to make changes as needed.
- Develop highly productive personnel and work teams by using training and motivational techniques and by delegating specific duties to key personnel.
- Supervise activities of production areas by ensuring new employees are properly trained, timecards are monitored and overtime controlled, paperwork is submitted timely, and daily activities are coordinated and performance reviews are conducted.
- Direct department lead(s) in coordination of personnel and product to ensure smooth work transition between shifts
- Encourage safety by insisting on a clean, safe work environment, and ensure that employees are following prescribed safety procedures, which includes each employee wearing the proper personal protective equipment.
- Monitor and control expenses by aggressively managing supply and other budget areas including payroll and overtime.
- Have a working knowledge of all jobs in area of responsibility.
- Support lean manufacturing through leadership and development of processes and procedures.
- Preferred - BS or higher degree or exceptional work equivalent
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience or knowledge of production systems
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with a variety of manufacturing processes
- Experience managing teams of people in a production environment
- Experience in new product development and launch activities
- Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques.
- Ability to work with and develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Experience in hiring and developing new team members in a production environment.
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing tools like Jidoka or Kaizen Event
- Telecommunications/Wireless experience is a plus