Product | New York, NY
StockTwits is the largest consumer facing social network for investors and traders. We are seeking to level the playing field for active investors by giving them an unprecedented level of connectivity to each other's opinions, insight, and actions on the market.
StockTwits was named "One of the Best Websites of 2010" by Time Magazine, and was listed as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies on the Web” by Fast Company.
We are looking for a full time hire that can not only design and think through the user experience starting with a mobile mindset and work with the product team to manage a data driven, user centric design process from wireframes to visual design
What we are looking for:
Our users are active investors and traders interested what is happening in the financial markets. Our product is social, real-time, informative applications in a web browser, tablet or mobile phone. The right person should have the ability to identify what needs to be done and create visual solution to complex problems.
What skills/experience you need:
- Adobe CS
- Sketching & Wireframing
- Information Architecture
- User research
- Web Analytics such as Google Analytics or Mixpanel
- Strong knowledge of common UI Patterns (web, mobile - Android and iOS)
- Agile development and lean UX methodologies
- Strong, clean visual design skills and a strong portfolio demonstrating web application and mobile design work
What earn you bonus points:
- Experience with Git a plus
- Experience with social design
- Experience with search and filtering interfaces
- Interest and knowledge of Markets, Investments, Trading
To apply answer these two questions:
- Show us work that you have done (not in academia) that makes you a great candidate for this role.
- Link to your public LinkedIn profile, CV, website or Dribble account
About Working at StockTwits
StockTwits provides a casual office environment where hard-working, highly motivated individuals are given the ability to succeed. Compensation includes salary, benefits and stock options.
Candidates are encouraged to visit StockTwits.com to learn more about the company before applying.
This position is for full-time candidates located in New York City; no contractors or service firms please. You will also be working with an engineering team in San Diego and should be open to some travel.