Technical Support Specialist - Part-time
Customer Service | Sydney, NSW, Australia | Part Time
Technical Support Representative - Part-time
At Stitch, there is nothing more important than community
Stitch is an Australian-based social enterprise which helps address social isolation for older adults, a critical issue in the lives of hundreds of millions of people worldwide. We have a growing community of members around the world who tell us Stitch has changed their lives, and we’re not only proud of what we do, we have a lot of fun doing it.
Our members engage on the Stitch platform to organise events, discuss things that are important to them, make new relationships and connect with each other. This means at Stitch, there is nothing more important than community.
About the Role
The Stitch Community is growing rapidly, and that means an increased need to support new and existing members with their technical support questions. You'll be interacting on a daily basis with Stitch members around the world as you answer questions, provide technical support, and provide a helping hand to members who need assistance.
You will use our online support platform, Intercom, along with our own internal CRM tools to manage member accounts and address their queries. You'll be joining our existing team and will get assistance from our support team members, software developers, and Stitch's CEO.
You will help answer technical questions from our members about the Stitch web site or our iOS or Android apps, so a solid technical background is essential. You need to be highly skilled in modern web technologies, with the ability to guide and coach people who are not always technologically adept.
We’re looking for a highly trustworthy individual with extraordinary passion about what Stitch represents. A skilled communicator who is able to work independently, use advanced digital technology effectively, and help enable Stitch member engagement.
Your responsibilities will include:
- L1 Community Support / Technical Support: Assist in providing the first line of support communications with Stitch members from query to resolution
- Monitoring community support queries and collaborating with the rest of the team to assign cases and respond in a timely manner
- Identifying issues based on the type of support levels, escalating where required and following-up within the support team
- Providing occasional phone support to members
- Providing feedback to the technical team about issues affecting the member experience
To be eligible for this role you will ideally have:
- A good understanding of and passion for Stitch’s social mission and goals
- Past work experience providing technology customer support through digital channels
- Excellent technology skills, with experience using modern web technologies including Zoom and Slack
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proven ability to set your own goals, be self-motivated and work without close supervision
- A positive, fun and engaging personality
Important things to note about this position:
- This is a part time role with potential to become full-time in the future
- Hourly rate is $25-$33 per hour, based on experience & skills
- Working hours are flexible and can work around your availability
- We anticipate you would spend around 20 hours per week on the role, but this may vary on a weekly basis based on the support load
- You don't need to live in Sydney for this role; strong remote candidates will be considered
- You must however have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role
To apply for this role please apply through this web site. A resume and cover letter is required to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Please note that applications received without a cover letter will not be considered for this role.
NOTE TO RECRUITERS: Please do not contact us about this role. You will be added to our junk email list.