Senior Front-End Developer
Engineering | Ultimo, NSW, Australia | Full Time
Senior Front End Developer
At Stitch, everything we do is built around people
Stitch is a venture-backed social enterprise doing things that very few Australian start-ups get to do. We address social isolation for older adults, a critical issue in the lives of hundreds of millions of people worldwide, and we have a rapidly-growing community of members around the world who tell us how Stitch has changed their lives.
That's why nothing is more important to us than delivering an awesome product to our users. We are passionate about creating high quality, scalable, engaging, beautiful web and mobile apps which are capable of changing people’s lives.
Do you want to be part of something incredible?
We're only just getting started but people are going nuts over Stitch.
We’ve been covered by TIME Magazine, Bloomberg TV, the New Yorker, NPR, Huffington Post and everything in between. We have tens of thousands of members in hundreds of cities worldwide, and are on a mission to change the world.
And that's why we are now growing the team even further, this time creating a rare opportunity for an experienced front-end developer to come on board.
About the Role
The potential for this role is enormous, as you’re coming in early to a team that will be growing significantly in the next 12 months. We’re looking for an individual who has the capacity to grow with the team, and develop into someone who plays a truly significant lead role in a successful organisation.
You will be involved in all aspects of our product development work. Our beautiful web app uses Angular.js at the front end, with mobile apps built in HTML5 and Cordova. You won’t be expected to be an expert in all of our technologies but you’ll need to want to learn. At Stitch we’re strong believers that the best engineers are defined by how well they code, not which technology they use.
We love what we do, so we want you to love your work too.
Love what you do
Candidates for this role need to love everything about building applications for the web and mobile: writing lean, efficient, and robust code; driving themselves and those around them to adopt best software practices; constantly learning, constantly improving.
But they must also want to be more than just an everyday software boffin: they have to want to be part of a start-up growth journey in which they're not just a passenger, they're part of the team that's driving the bus.
If you're looking for an opportunity to take control of your own destiny, work on a great product with a fantastic team, and make a positive difference to the world, read on.
To be eligible for this role you must have:
- 4+ years industry experience in front-end development
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5 & CSS
- University degree in software engineering or equivalent
- Proven ability to set your own goals, be self-motivated and work without close supervision
- A passion for learning and constantly improving
- A demonstrated drive to succeed and commitment to excellence
- Strong attention to detail
- A fun, relaxed and engaging personality
Extra bonus points for:
- Cordova experience
- Experience with MVC server-side environments such as Node.js or Python/Django
- Great written communication skills
- A track record of volunteering or an interest in social causes
Some of the perks of this role include:
- A competitive compensation package
- The ability to create and structure the job of your dreams
- Fantastic work environment (including more than your fair share of free beer, amongst other things)
To apply for this role please apply through this web site or email us at careers [at] stitch [dot] net to learn more. A resume and online portfolio is required to apply.