Marketing | Pyrmont, New South Wales, Australia | Part Time
At Stitch, there is nothing more important than community
Stitch is an Australian-based social enterprise which helps address social isolation for older adults, a critical issue in the lives of hundreds of millions of people worldwide. We have a growing community of members around the world who tell us Stitch has changed their lives, and we’re not only proud of what we do, we have a lot of fun doing it.
Our members engage on the Stitch platform to organise events, discuss things that are important to them, make new relationships and connect with each other. This means at Stitch, there is nothing more important than community.
Are you an existing (or potential) member of Stitch?
If you’re already a member of Stitch then you’ll know what the community is all about. What powers the community is the fantastic spirit of all our members and their willingness to make life more enjoyable for everyone in the community.
We’re now looking for ways to give our very best members ways to get even more engaged in building the community, and play a significant role in the community’s success.
And if you're not a member of Stitch yet, you just need to show that you understand what we're all about. Everyone will be a potential member of Stitch at some point!
About the Role
At Stitch, our Community Champions already create a lot of value for other members by organising events, connecting with each other, and engaging through the community.
This role just takes this concept one step further, by giving more dedicated direction to growing the Stitch community in Sydney and in locations around the world.
We’re looking for someone with extraordinary passion about what Stitch represents. A skilled communicator who is able to work independently, grow the community, and guide our Community Champions and evangelists to create events and drive member engagement.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and engaging Stitch’s biggest influencers and enthusiasts, and training and empowering Community Champions to participate even more significantly in the Stitch community
- Organising and coordinating events and activities
- Driving engagement with new Stitch members
- Monitoring and managing discussions and postings in the Stitch online community
- Other community-building activities as the Stitch Community grows
To be eligible for this role you will ideally have:
- A good understanding of and passion for Stitch’s social mission and goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing and growing communities, both online and in the real world
- A university degree with relevant professional experience
- Good technology skills, with experience using modern web technologies
- Proven ability to set your own goals, be self-motivated and work without close supervision
- Strong ability to build relationships (internally and with our members)
- A positive, fun and engaging personality
Please note that this is a part-time role with potential to become full-time in the future. Only candidates who are based in Sydney and able to work out of the Stitch offices in Pyrmont should apply. In the future if this role is successful we anticipate hiring similar positions for other locations where Stitch is active.
To apply for this role please apply through this web site or email us at careers [at] stitch [dot] net to learn more. A resume and online portfolio is required to apply.
NOTE TO RECRUITERS: Please do not contact us about this role. You will be added to our junk email list.