Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
stensul is exploding, and we’re hiring a VP Marketing to start and grow our marketing team. We're looking for experience, along with an excitement to roll up your sleeves to get going (it'll be just you to start). Setting up scalable demand gen is the initial focus, and then you will hire and lead the Marketing team as we grow. Past success with B2B marketing, ideally marketing into large (Enterprise) companies, will be a big plus.
stensul is a Creation Platform for the Enterprise that helps large organizations create marketing emails quickly and painlessly. No longer do emails take days and weeks to prepare because code is manually created and gets sent back and forth 50x. stensul is ESP agnostic: the platform’s output is finished, brand compliant, mobile responsive, code perfect html. Well-funded by top tier investors who believe in our team and vision, stensul provides a fun environment where smart minds come together to deliver significant value to the largest and most respected companies in the world.
You will work in our Chelsea office in NYC and own the entire Marketing area of the business. Unlike most other places, you'll be able to create your dream marketing technology stack and team from scratch.
Initially, we'll look to you to implement a scalable demand generation function (including everything that goes with that). Not only will you be architecting the system, you'll be expected to drive customer demand through all sorts of channels, continually experimenting to find opportunities to drive better downstream outcomes. With this role, the results will be clear, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable with the full responsibility (and rewards) of delivering increasing quantities of qualified leads to our sales team.
We'll then look to you to recruit and manage a high-performing team to fulfill your larger marketing vision. This is a career-making, dream opportunity for the right person.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Implement a scalable demand generation function (including choosing and implementing the necessary platforms, nurturing, scoring, etc)
- Define and execute targeted and measurable online/offline lead generation and nurturing programs that drive MQLs and build healthy pipeline for the Sales team
- Continuously set and hit aggressive quarterly MQL goals to support our growing sales function
- Decide on a framework to align and prioritize all marketing efforts
- Create and maintain a portfolio of marketing materials that assist lead generation efforts
- Recruit and manage a high-performing team to grow our marketing efforts
- MUST be a self-starter who combines a high level of creativity/initiative with strong organizational skills
- Experience with being accountable for a number (such as MQLs, pipeline, etc)
- Experience designing digital marketing technology solutions
- Experience structuring, running, and properly analyzing tests
- Experience with B2B marketing (bonus points if that experience is marketing to large enterprises)
- Ability to conceive and setup dashboards to track business KPIs
- Experience running paid and non-paid marketing campaigns
- Resourcefulness and comfort to try non-traditional tactics and channels
- Success with managing high-performing teams
- Comfort (and ideally experience) scaling an early stage, start-up
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Full insurance benefits (medical/dental/vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and more
- Your choice of Mac or PC laptop
- Extra goodies like team breakfasts, lots of munchies and drinks in the office, team events, etc.
- Non-stop availability of competitors for office ping pong, foosball or darts
- LOTS of sunlight in our Chelsea office
- We are a growing company, so as we grow, YOU will grow!
stensul does not work with agencies and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited third-party submissions.