Sales/Marketing/Customer Success Interns - Summer 2017
Marketing | New York, NY | Part Time and Internship
Looking for an internship that doesn't suck, and where you are directly responsible for getting important things done? Let's talk.
Come join us at stensul!
With nearly a decade of experience building industry leading platforms, we launched stensul, a hosted platform to help large (Fortune 1000) brands, companies, and organizations create marketing emails quickly and painlessly. Nearly every decent size company has a hugely inefficient and expensive (in man-hours and dollars) process to make emails. Everyone hates it. stensul is the solution.
What You'll Be Doing:
Interns will work in our (sunny, full floor) Chelsea office and assist the company in all areas but focus primarily on projects related to marketing, sales, business development, and client management. The great thing about this internship is that you will be doing real work, not just making photocopies (we don't even have a photocopier).
You will gain real world skills, create the rules instead of just following them, and work with international teams (We have an office in Buenos Aires!) to execute your projects. Given the hands on nature of this position, this is a great way to gain work experience at a rapidly growing tech company. You will be interacting directly with everyone from the founders to the clients, and will have a voice at the table for important discussions and decisions.
We don't just work hard but WE PLAY HARD. You will also be included in team outings and events! Challenge someone in the office to a friendly game of ping pong or foosball. Look forward to office snacks and weekly treats.
What We're Looking For:
stensul is looking for TWO (2) Summer Interns: 1) Sales + Marketing intern and a 2) Customer Success intern.
1) Sales + Marketing intern will work very closely with the stensul team to help research, pitch, close and onboard new clients, as well as assist with digital marketing initiatives.
Projects that should be expected during the semester include researching and segmenting target companies, preparing sales pitch materials, brainstorming and creating marketing materials, tracking outreach campaigns, and assisting with the launch of new product features. An ideal candidate for this internship should be able to communicate (written and verbal) clearly, is fully fluent with the internet (searching, posting, etc), and has an interest in the sales/marketing side of a company. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team that is growing quickly, while also working with some of the largest brands in the world.
2) Customer Success (CS) intern responsibilities and activities are as follows:
- Support (~40%): Support case management (opens tickets, works with CSM on priority, provides customer updates and confirms resolution)
- Account Management (~25%): Assists CSM in QBR preparations, sits in monthly check in to take notes and action followup items, Salesforce admin including ensuring opportunities are open at contract close for next year.
- Professional Services (~25%): Helps prep kick-off, reviews kickoff package for completion and communicates to capture any missing info, shadows discovery calls, assists with spec doc (if able), shadows review calls to take notes and action items, custom material prep (ex: training packages)
- Other (~10%): Intern bootcamp, assisting or shadowing other areas of the business, etc.
- MUST be a self-starter who combines a high level of creativity/initiative with strong organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and advanced internet skills
- Should have interest or experience in online marketing
- Effective problem solver who can work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, handle multiple tasks, and complete tasks quickly and effectively
- Experience with HTML is a plus
- It's a plus if you have your own laptop you can use (Mac or PC)
- Ability to work from the NYC office
- Interest and/or experience in startups is a huge plus
- This internship will start in early June.
- This is an unpaid internship; however, college credit is ok. Monthly MTA Metrocards will be given too!
- If you are awesome, there is a very good chance this can lead to a part time or full time job
- We do a lot of fun things as a company (bowling, escape rooms, laser tag, etc) we hope you'll join.
- We are looking for people who can commit to at least 25-30 hours per week minimum
When you apply, please include your resume, and a cover letter that states the internship for which you're applying and also answer the following 2 questions:
- In your opinion, which 3 companies have the best sales/marketing plan and how so?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 3 years?