Financial and Business Operations Analyst
Finance and Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
stensul is growing quickly, and we’re hiring for a Financial Analyst to jump in and assist in the financial operations of the company. You will be responsible for financial process improvement, forecasting, reporting and ad hoc projects.
stensul is a Creation Platform for the Enterprise that helps large organizations create marketing emails quickly and painlessly. No longer do emails take days and weeks to prepare because code is manually created and gets sent back and forth 50x. stensul is ESP agnostic: the platform’s output is finished, brand compliant, mobile responsive, code perfect html. We work with the largest, most admired brands in the world, and there's a lot more to where we're going beyond what's on the website. We're funded by top tier investors who believe in our team and vision, and we have a fun environment where smart minds come together to deliver significant value to the largest and most respected companies in the world.
You'll be the first hire on our Finance and Operations Team and will work in our Chelsea office in NYC. You will work with our CEO, bookkeeper, accountants and cross-functional groups to uplevel our financial systems and workflows. At a high level, your work will help ensure we’re accurately recording the past and intelligently modeling and planning for the future.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Create and refine forecasting models and methodology for the company and its functional business lines (revenue, expense, headcount)
- Prepare analysis of key business trends, operational reporting, KPI reporting, highlighting variances and explanations of differences.
- Preparation of materials for the board and investors
- Ad hoc financial projects including strategic analyses and new product P&L projections
- Own monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting and close processes
- Other finance/operations related projects and duties (eg. invoicing, expense tracking, etc) as they arise
- Proven excellence in financial modeling skills and fluency in Excel
- Analytical thinker with ability to conduct data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Strong communicator capable of interacting cross-functionally and with executives
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excels in solving problems and is learning agile
- Experience with or are willing to learn Salesforce reporting, GAAP accounting principles for SaaS, and Quickbooks
- Competitive compensation including equity
- Your choice of Mac or PC laptop
- Extra goodies like team lunches, lots of munchies and drinks in the office, bowling nights, etc.
- Non-stop availability of competitors for office ping pong, foosball or darts
- LOTS of sunlight in our Chelsea office
stensul does not work with agencies and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited third-party submissions.