Director of Operations
Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
stensul is exploding, and we’re hiring for a Director of Operations to jump in and be a strategic internal resource to help up-level the entire company. This isn't a sales ops or finance ops or facilities ops role, it's an everything ops role.
stensul is an Email Creation Platform that helps large organizations create marketing emails quickly and painlessly. No longer do emails take days and weeks to prepare because code is manually created and gets sent back and forth 50x. stensul is ESP agnostic: the platform’s output is finished, brand compliant, mobile responsive, code perfect html. Funded by top tier investors who believe in our team and vision, stensul provides a fun environment where smart minds come together to deliver significant value to the largest and most respected companies in the world.
You will work in our Chelsea office in NYC and interact with every part of the company. You'll be a strategic resource internally, working across functional areas to create processes, increase efficiency, effectiveness and results, and fill-in for roles where a permanent employee isn’t yet on the team. The Director of Operations should possess extremely strong skills in two main areas: relationship-building and aptitude to quickly learn new things. Relationship building is paramount to help extract crucial, sometimes sensitive information from internal and external stakeholders, while also presenting new methods or ideas in a non-threatening manner. Aptitude to quickly learn new things is also very important as this role will span across all areas of the company, regardless of prior experience. For the right jack or jill of all trades, this is a dream job to dig in across all areas of a fast-growing business.
Responsibilities and likely initial projects will include:
- Working with our sales and marketing teams to improve our end-to-end pre-sales prospect experience
- Implementing recommendations in our sales process and strategy to increase positive outcomes
- Ensuring the proper data collection is in place, and then creating level-appropriate dashboards for employees to monitor and improve performance
- Assisting with sourcing and hiring top talent across functional areas of the company
- Creation of a growth playbook to help operationalize sourcing, hiring, onboarding, and employee development
- Beefing up our FP&A functions and processes, including modeling, forecasting and reporting
- Filling in as a catch-all for the numerous things that pop up and don't squarely fit on someone else's plate (welcome to startups!)
- MUST be a self-starter who combines a high level of creativity/initiative with strong organizational skills
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Amazingly quick learner
- Persuasive in the right way
- A positive attitude to successfully work through all kinds of tough situations and challenges, while also grabbing opportunities
- Experience preparing financial models, projections, and financial statements (ideally for a saas company)
- Experience and comfort working in areas of extreme ambiguity and asking the right questions to quickly understand the landscape
- Resourcefulness and understanding that there isn't only one way to do something
- Competitive compensation package
- Full insurance benefits (medical/dental/vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and more
- Your choice of Mac or PC laptop
- Extra goodies like team breakfasts, lots of munchies and drinks in the office, bowling nights, etc.
- Non-stop availability of competitors for office ping pong, foosball or darts
- LOTS of sunlight in our Chelsea office
- We are a growing company, so as we grow, YOU will grow!
stensul does not work with agencies and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited third-party submissions.