Chief of Staff
Finance and Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
If you are thinking about being a founder in the future, this role is for you. We haven't announced much publicly, but stensul is growing very quickly, and we’re hiring for a Chief of Staff to our CEO. Whether you are a future founder or are looking for a fast-track to meaningful responsibility and career growth, this role will deeply immerse you in highly valuable and relevant experience. We're looking someone who is versatile, eager to learn, and who can truly rise into a leader at the company.
stensul works with the largest, most admired brands in the world, and there's a lot more to where we're going beyond what's on the website. At our core, we're a Creation Platform for the Enterprise. Today, our platform helps large organizations create marketing emails quickly and painlessly, and in the future it'll be a lot more. We're funded by top tier investors who believe in our team and vision, and we have a fun environment where smart minds come together to deliver significant value to the largest and most respected companies in the world.
As the Chief of Staff to our CEO (based in our Chelsea office in NYC), you'll help our CEO by being a left and right brained thought partner on a wide variety of topics and projects. You will catch owner-less projects as they are created (and see them through to completion, learning what you need to learn if it’s a new area for you), see around corners to enable the company and our CEO to be prepared for the future, as well as help with some admin duties that otherwise would slow things down. In the finance and ops swim lane, you'll work cross-functionally to help ensure we’re accurately recording the past and intelligently modeling and planning for the future. Your time in this role will be an amazing 18-20 month ride, and what comes next (either with us or on your own) will depend on where you want to take your career (and the experience in this role will fast-track you in getting there).
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that our CEO is effective as he can be through your strategic and operational support
- Finding and resolving internal information and knowledge bottlenecks
- Creating and refining forecasting models and methodology for the company and its functional business lines (revenue, expense, headcount)
- Preparing analysis of key business trends, operational reporting, KPI reporting, highlighting variances and explanations of differences
- Preparation of materials for the board and investors
- Joining relevant internal and external meetings, take notes, and drive follow-up action items
- Ad-hoc financial and bizops projects (some glamorous, some less so)
- Owning monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting and close processes
- Traveling as required (we have a large office in Buenos Aires in addition to NYC)
- Proven excellence in financial modeling skills and fluency in Excel
- Strong analytical thinker with ability to conduct data analysis and resolve complex problems with imperfect information (aka raw intellectual horsepower + adaptability)
- Strong written and verbal communicator capable of interacting cross-functionally and with executives
- First-class organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to delegate when needed
- Eagerness to learn across a wide variety of subject areas
- Can maintain extreme confidentiality and discretion
- Competitive compensation including equity
- Extra goodies like team lunches, lots of munchies and drinks in the office, bowling nights, etc.
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Full health coverage: Medical, dental and vision, plus parental leave
- Generous vacation, sick and WFH days
- Non-stop availability of competitors for office ping pong, foosball or darts
- LOTS of sunlight in our Chelsea office
stensul does not work with agencies and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited third-party submissions.