Software Engineer - Backend
Engineering | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
Stellar is redefining the world of private aviation, a $30B+ industry in dire need of new, cutting-edge technology, full of fleet operators striving for a better way to run their businesses and highly-discerning customers looking for a better travel experience. Our people are what will make this exciting transformation possible by developing innovative technology and facilitating its use. Stellar alone has the unique potential to dominate the industry and, in the process, more than double its current size.
Our Java engineers utilize innovative algorithms to create products that drive our business and reinvent an industry. We are looking for a top Senior Core Java Developer to play a leading role in our development team. Our platform will be used by private jet operators, across the world, to manage their entire business operation so it needs to be performant and fault tolerant.
Who We're Looking For:
- You are passionate about technology
- You make your team better
- You are highly motivated, with excellent communication skills
- You have rigorous attention to detail and ask tough questions
- You bring practical thinking to the fast-paced start-up environment
- You have fun at work and think jets are awesome
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of core Java experience
- 1+ years writing robust applications using Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, MVC, Streams, etc) or equivalent JEE framework
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming and domain driven design
- Agile development experience using Scrum/Kanban
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with full stack development
- Knowledge of and experience with Microservice architecture and tools
- Hands on experience with distributed multi-tenant cloud native applications, their design and challenges.
- Experience with Netflix OSS stack (Eureka, Zuul, Ribbon, Feign)
- Experience with messaging driven services using AMQP/RabbitMQ/Kafka
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive salary & equity based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Snacks, Drinks and Lunches*
- Company Social Events
- Get in on the ground floor of a highly-collaborative, rapidly growing start-up disrupting the aviation industry
Note: Currently we offer in-office lunches 3 times a week. All perks are subject to change in company discretion.