Data Product Team Lead
Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Stellar is redefining the world of private aviation, a $30B+ industry in dire need of new, cutting-edge technology, full of fleet operators striving for a better way to run their businesses and highly-discerning customers looking for a better travel experience. Our people are what will make this exciting transformation possible by developing innovative technology and facilitating its use. Stellar alone has the unique potential to dominate the industry and, in the process, more than double its current size.
The Data Product Team Lead, will lead a small data team at Stellar to work collaboratively and cross-functionally both internally and importantly, directly with customers. This individual will report to the VP of Engineering and work closely with the rest of the product management team and the CEO to set the strategic direction for Stellar’s product plan leveraging the intelligence learned from the rich data we have. In addition, this individual will own the conception, planning and execution to bring customer facing data intensive products, including BI and analytics, to market.
Key Job Elements and Responsibilities
- Works with the business to assist in proving/disproving hypothesis
- Provides a data-backed perspective for product and business decisions based on these hypothesis. This may include market demand, customer segmentation, product GTM strategy and rollout plan, pricing strategy, etc.
- Identify and secure data sources for use in correlation and triangulation to provide business insights
- As part of the Product team, leads data team members to collaborate and support Product Managers to find trends, classifications and groupings of customers, system usage and industry trends utilizing data from a variety of sources.
- Collaborates with Design to orchestrate solutions based on qualitative and quantitative observations
- Owns strategy and execution to achieve and maintain the purity and consistency of our datasets by collaborating with and supporting Products and Engineering.
- Builds a team to support these efforts that consists of data analyst(s) and data engineer(s) once the lead has a full grasp of the company’s products, its current needs in this area and develops a business plan to use the resources.
- Lead the strategy from ideation, to definition, to launch of data intensive products that utilize tools such as business intelligence, advance dashboard, reports, pricing rules, recommendation engines or optimization techniques. Essentially act as product manager for data intensive product/features.
- Own the business success for your products by working with finance to develop measures for success and by collaborating with product marketing, sales and external partners re: pricing strategy and other drivers of economic value
- Build strong customer relationships to test product hypothesis, give context to the data used in this decision making and provide a basis for initial testing of the products.
- Evangelize data intensive products and the product strategy internally, to customers and to the industry.
- Demonstrated history of working with customers and partners to identify product needs and successfully translate them into successful products (internal or external)
- Proven ability to translate analytical insights into business value
- Data analysis skills - multidimensional data analysis, statistics and data visualization
- Experience using statistical analysis languages such as R, Python and Matlab to implement and test data models
- Experience with leading BI products such as Birst, Qlik, Tableau or Domo
- Have led at least one end-to-end implementation and launch of analytics product
- Intellectual curiosity, a love for hard problems, and the ability to learn very quickly on your own
- Degree in computer science or a quantitative discipline such as statistics
- Preferred: Deep understanding of benefits and technology stack typically associated with cloud/SaaS, big data, and use-cases for business intelligence and machine learning
- Good presentation skills
- Travel and aviation background a plus
- Thinks jets (and props) are awesome, because we do!
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive salary & equity based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter benefits
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Catered Lunches
- Company Social Events
- Onsite gym
- Get in on the ground floor of a highly-collaborative, rapidly growing start-up disrupting the aviation industry