Heavy Equipment Operator -Palestine #0006-2020
Operations | Palestine, TX | Full Time
Level 2 Operator is responsible for the safe operation of heavy equipment at a transfer station for the purpose of loading and/or compacting waste in a safe and efficient manner.
Safely and efficiently perform assigned responsibilities to include such duties as:
- Perform pre and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors and rear view camera are clean. Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include: forklift, excavator, bulldozer, front-end loader and other equipment using proper safety standards.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste in materials.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
- Perform and document minor service on equipment, referring more complicated mechanical issues to Maintenance Shop for repair.
- Complete Equipment Condition Report and other reports, as necessary; report any necessary repairs to supervisor, as needed.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is clean, serviced and stored at the completion of each shift.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED.
Two years’ prior related experience in heavy equipment operation.
One year of prior experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities such as: heavy lifting, climbing, bending, kneeling; operating motorized equipment and vehicles; work in confined spaces; work at heights; work around heavy construction equipment
Maintain effective audio/visual abilities and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties
Should be able to lift 75lbs
Construction site environment; exposure to dust, noise; solid waste; work in inclement weather conditions
At Stella Environmental Services, we offer our employees a competitive compensation package. We have Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance available. Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
Job Type: Full-time
We are a PE-backed environmental services company growing organically as well as through acquisitions creating upward mobility.
Our customers trust us with the day-to-day operations of their municipal waste transfer stations. We develop a detailed operating and safety plan that is customized for each of our customers’ locations and provide each site with highly skilled operators to safely streamline the movement of the waste from the transfer station to our long-haul trailers. Our commitment is to operate the transfer stations at the highest level of service and efficiency.