Operations | Saint Robert, MO | Contract
Stella Environmental Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic as protected by applicable law.
Applicants are required to demonstrate leadership qualities that are aligned with our Company Values: Honesty, Integrity, Faith, Fairness, Trust, Stewardship and Compassion.
Qualified applicants must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check, and over-the-road test as a condition of employment.
Commercial Drivers are responsible for providing the pick-up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1000 pounds and at times require drivers to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick-up stage area. Driver will transport the material to a landfill facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential to successfully perform this job.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Stella Environmental Services procedures and protocols, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to immediate Supervisor.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required.
- Works closely with the Transfer Station Supervisor to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Transfer Station Supervisor any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Transfer Station Supervisor of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Transfer Station Supervisor.
- Identifies and reports all needs for repair or replacement.
- Ensures the number of containers on the route reconciles to the service level listed on service list.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Transfer Station Supervisor
- and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Experience: 18 months
- Education: None required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air-brake endorsement.
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 50 pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.