Product Team | Other or Seattle, WA | Full Time
We’re a small company with a big mission: to bring independent travelers and independent hotels together. That’s why Stash Hotel Rewards was born. To honor the idea of meaningful travel, and to make it as easy to stay at an amazing, one-of-a-kind hotel as it is to stay at a cookie-cutter chain. At Stash, we believe in the happiness-producing power of traveling to places that convey a unique and interesting story—places with soul. It's a belief we share with the independent hoteliers and the independently-minded travelers our company was created to serve.
We’re in the travel business, so travel is one of our perks. Stash employees can stay at some of the best independent hotels in the U.S. for next to nothing. Which is easy to do, since we have no set vacation policy. We hire responsible people who get the job done on time, so we don’t need to watch over them.
Our environment is casual and flexible — you’ll find us working from homes, coffee shops, and satellite offices around the U.S. Our comprehensive benefits include a competitive salary, health and disability insurance, stock options and a 401(k) plan. And unlimited York Peppermint Patties…just because.
As a small company, we need people who are autonomous, creative, super-smart, and fearless. And let’s not forget nice. We’re a close-knit group who love to see each other—and our partners—succeed.
Title: Software Engineer
Location: Remote – current technology team members reside in Seattle and Pittsburgh
Employment type: Full-time
We’re the largest points-based rewards program for independent hotels in the U.S. You’re a super-smart, innovative software engineer who will help us execute Stash’s technical vision.
We are excited to disrupt the hotel loyalty business and beyond. Technology has always been integral to our company and the Software Engineer plays a crucial role in our company’s development and future growth.
You will work closely with Stash Hotel Rewards product team members and business owners to build smart solutions for independent hotels, Stash members, and your colleagues. In this role, you will:
- Define and build solutions across platforms and technologies in an agile environment
- Help us stay up to date with technology and infrastructure improvements to ensure secure, stable operations
- Write automated test routines and conduct code reviews to ensure we maintain our high bar for quality
- Mentor, cross-train, and collaborate with team members to expand knowledge and expertise across the organization
- Share on-call duties
Skills and Requirements:
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science
- Minimum of four (4) years software engineering experience
- Dev ops experience
- Knack for getting things done without sacrificing quality
- Strong experience with agile software development techniques, developer driven testing, and highly automated test environments
- Inquisitive, self-starting, and efficient
- Demonstrated achievement with the design, development, deployment, and operation of e-commerce and internal web sites
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and an inclination to tap into the broader technology community to leverage existing solutions when applicable
- Start-up/small company experience
- A business mind-set and team orientation
- A passion for travel
Interested? Please visit our website www.stashrewards.com or apply below!