Graphic Designer - Digital Focus
Marketing | Central U.S., IL | Part Time
We’re the largest points-based rewards program for independent hotels in the U.S. You’re a super-smart, self-directed collaborator, ready to jump right in to help on all of our program visuals.
We’re looking for a top-performing Designer to join our team in a freelance capacity.
Candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit and, ideally, relevant industry experience or passion. In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with the email marketing team to create visual assets that are not only beautiful, but are also tied to the business objective.
- Constantly look for ways to improve user experience and marketing messaging, both online and offline.
- Create and contribute, both visually and strategically, to all marketing campaigns
- Support other teams with their visual needs
Expected Hours: In a typical week, you’ll have about 20 hours of work. Some weeks that could be more, others a bit less. These percentages are an estimate. They will vary week-by-week. We know that you have other clients, so we're flexible and look for someone who is flexible in return.
(30%) Email marketing support
(20%) UX/UI design
(10%) Website photography visual updates and maintenance.
(10%) Print Collateral (brochures, key cards etc.)
(10%) Presentation design
(10%) Basic Instagram/Social Media management
(10%) The random stuff that pops up!
Team Structure: You’ll report to the Director of Marketing who lives in the Milwaukee area. Ideally, you’ll be near Milwaukee or Chicago so we can get together for occasional face-to-face meetings, but otherwise, you can work from home, coffee shops, a park or wherever you do your best work. Other members of the team are on the East & West coast and you’ll work with them via Web Meetings. We use Slack as our primary form of communication.
- Attention to detail
- Degree in design or related field
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Proficiency in Adobe CS
- Experience in MailChimp (preferred)
- Proven experience with email marketing
- Ability to organize and meet shifting priorities and deadlines within short time frames
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Solid visual design understanding with an awareness of the impact of typography, layout and composition, color theory, grid systems and use of photography
- Is a team player open to feedback and input from multiple stakeholders
- Attention to detail (notice that we included it twice?)
- Please submit an online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great visual/graphic design solutions is required.
- Please provide a brief cover letter stating why you think you’re a fit for the job.
- Include your hourly freelance rate or range.
- At the very bottom of your email/cover letter, please include the name of a company whose email marketing you admire and describe what you like about it in 15 words or less.
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE POSITION - RESPONSES FROM AGENCIES OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED.