Director of Sales, Eastern US
Business Development | East Coast U.S., NY | Full Time
We’re a small company with a big mission: to bring independent travelers and independent hotels together. That’s why Stash Hotel Rewards was born. To honor the idea of meaningful travel, and to make it as easy to stay at an amazing, one-of-a-kind hotel as it is to stay at a cookie-cutter chain hotel. At Stash, we believe in the happiness-producing power of traveling to places that convey a unique and interesting story—places with soul. It's a belief we share with the independent hoteliers and the independently-minded travelers our company was created to serve.
We’re in the travel business, so travel is one of our perks. Stash employees can stay at some of the best independent hotels in the U.S. for next to nothing. Which is easy to do, since we have no set vacation policy. We hire responsible people who get the job done on time, so we don’t need to watch over them.
Our environment is casual and flexible—our main offices are in Seattle and Menlo Park, but you’ll find us working from homes, cars, coffee shops, and satellite offices around the U.S. Our comprehensive benefits include a competitive salary, health insurance, stock options, and a 401(k) plan. And unlimited York Peppermint Patties…just because.
We seek people who are autonomous, creative, super-smart, and fearless. And let’s not forget nice. We’re a close-knit group who love to see each other—and our partners—succeed.
Title: Director of Sales, Eastern US
Location: East Coast.
Employment type: Full-time
We’re the largest points-based rewards program for independent hotels in the U.S. You’re a super-smart, self-directed born collaborator, ready to help us expand our network of one-of-a-kind independent hotels that are loved by travelers.
We’re looking for a top-performing sales executive to pursue new hotel partnerships for Stash Hotel Rewards on the East Coast of the United States. Candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit, relevant industry experience, and an exceptional track record of new business development.
- Seek out and qualify extraordinary, independent hotels that could potentially be added to the Stash network.
- Create strategic and tactical plans to initiate, develop, and track opportunities for new business.
- Identify key decision makers and introduce them to Stash Hotel Rewards through outbound communications including cold calls and emails.
- Efficiently respond to and conduct initial phone-based meetings with prospective partners, effectively positioning Stash Hotel Rewards, and turning leads into qualified opportunities.
- Attend relevant industry regional and state conferences and events.
- Foster relationships, develop consensus, and conduct high-level negotiations with owners and senior executives at hotels and hotel management companies.
- Negotiate and close new partnership agreements.
- Work closely with the Stash Partner Advocate team to ensure the smooth onboarding and ongoing success of new partners hotels.
- Loves to travel and has a passion for independent hotels.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience, with a proven track record of success.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Available to travel 1 to 2 weeks per month
- Experience selling technology or B2B services to hotels. (Strongly preferred)
- Deep knowledge of the fundamental dynamics of the hotel business.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and learn new products and the nuances of hotel loyalty program dynamics.
- Builds effective and long-lasting relationships with partners and clients.
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management at a potential partner hotel.
- Ability to think analytically, to identify patterns and measures results. Can successfully develop and implement a strategic plan.
- Familiarity with HubSpot and other CRM and digital marketing tools.
- Thrives in an unstructured work environment. Likes to work autonomously.
- Is a digital native, and ideally has worked in an internet or technology-based company.
- Understands (or can quickly grasp) hotel systems (PMS, CRS and channel managers).
- U.S. resident or citizen.
Interested? Please visit our Stash Hotel Rewards LinkedIn page for more information or apply below.