Business Development Director- Western US
Business Development | West Coast, CA | Full Time
We’re a small company with a big mission: to bring independent travelers and independent hotels together. That’s why Stash Hotel Rewards was born. To honor the idea of meaningful travel, and to make it as easy to stay at an amazing, one-of-a-kind hotel as it is to stay at a cookie-cutter chain. At Stash, we believe in the happiness-producing power of traveling to places that convey a unique and interesting story—places with soul. It's a belief we share with the independent hoteliers and the independently-minded travelers our company was created to serve.
We’re in the travel business, so travel is one of our perks. Stash employees can stay at some of the best independent hotels in the U.S. for next to nothing. Which is easy to do, since we have no set vacation policy. We hire responsible people who get the job done on time, so we don’t need to watch over them.
Our environment is casual and flexible—our main offices are in Seattle and Menlo Park, but you’ll find us working from homes, cars, coffee shops, and satellite offices around the U.S. Our comprehensive benefits include a competitive salary, health insurance, stock options and a 401(k) plan. And unlimited York Peppermint Patties…just because.
As a small company, we need people who are autonomous, creative, super-smart, and fearless. And let’s not forget nice. We’re a close-knit group who love to see each other—and our partners—succeed.
Title: Business Development Director- Western US
Location: West Coast, US
Employment type: Full-time
We’re the largest points-based rewards program for independent hotels in the U.S. You’re a super-smart, self-directed born collaborator, ready to develop new hotel partnerships, and position Stash Rewards as the largest independent hotel rewards program in the world. This is a sales job and you will own growing the number of Stash hotels in your region.
We’re looking for top-performing sales executives to establish new hotel partnerships for Stash Hotel Rewards. Candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit, relevant industry experience and demonstrated selling attributes/techniques.
- Create strategic and tactical sales plans to uncover, initiate, develop and track opportunities for new hotel partners in the western region. Be the expert that fully understands the western hotel market.
- Be the “face” of Stash Hotel Rewards representing the company at trade shows, association meetings, and other events.
- Identify key decision makers, create awareness and introduce them to Stash Hotel Rewards through outbound communications including cold calls, online meetings, face to face meetings, and emails.
- Efficiently respond to inbound hotel requests for membership and conduct initial phone-based meetings effectively positioning Stash Hotel Rewards, turning qualified leads into quality opportunities.
- Foster relationships, develop consensus, and conduct high-level negotiations with hotel owners/executives and hotel management companies. Negotiate and close business.
- Support direct marketing campaigns, including following up on marketing efforts and qualifying and closing opportunities.
- Identify market trends and changes by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking prospect companies and target contacts.
- Manage, track and communicate on pipeline; communicate weekly on progress, challenges and other insights.
Skills and requirements:
The ideal candidate:
- Loves to travel and has a passion for independent hotels
- Holds a BA/BS (MBA a plus)
- Knows the hospitality business, from either working within the industry or selling to hotels. Ideally has experience selling to independent hotels.
- Has a proven track record in sales or business development.
- Builds effective and long-lasting relationships with partners and clients.
- Influences and communicates cross-functionally with all levels of management at a potential partner hotel.
- Thinks analytically: identifies patterns, measures results. Can successfully develop and implement a strategic plan.
- Can quickly assess the market environment and business needs of a potential partner hotel.
- Thrives in unstructured work environments. Likes to work autonomously.
- Will be able travel at least 1 week a month.
- Is a digital native, and ideally has worked in an internet or technology-based company. Ideally, has worked in a start-up environment.
- Understands loyalty and rewards programs.
- Is proficient in all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Understands (or can quickly grasp) hotel systems (PMS, CRS and channel managers) and hotel distribution channel dynamics.
- Is a U.S. resident or citizen.