Business Development Director- Eastern US
Business Development | East Coast U.S., NY | Full Time
We’re a small company with a big mission: to bring independent travelers and independent hotels together. That’s why Stash Hotel Rewards was born.
Stash frees travelers from the uninspired offerings of existing hotel reward programs by making it easy to stay at amazing hotels and break free from big, bland hotel chains. Stash was founded on a belief in the happiness-producing power of traveling to places that convey a unique and interesting story – places with soul. It’s a belief that is shared with the independent hoteliers and the independently minded travelers the company was created to serve.
We’re in the travel business, so travel is one of our perks. Stash employees can stay at some of the best independent hotels in the U.S. for next to nothing. Which is easy to do, since we have no set vacation policy. We hire responsible people who get the job done on time, so we don’t need to watch over them.
Our environment is casual and flexible — you’ll find us working from homes, cars, coffee shops, and satellite offices around the U.S. Our comprehensive benefits include a competitive salary, health and disability insurance, stock options, and a 401(k) plan.
We seek people who are autonomous, creative, super-smart, and fearless. And let’s not forget nice. We’re a close-knit group who love to see each other—and our partners—succeed.
Title: Business Development Director- Eastern, US
Location: Eastern US
Employment type: Full-time
Stash Hotel Rewards, the largest points-based rewards program for independent hotels in the U.S. is seeking a smart, passionate, autonomous professional to join our team as a Business Development Director ready to help us expand our network of one-of-a-kind independent hotels that are loved by travelers.
The Business Development Director will be a top-performing sales executive pursuing new hotel partnerships with an exceptional track record of new business development.
- Create strategic and tactical sales plans to uncover, initiate, develop and track opportunities for new hotel partners within your region.
- Identify key decision makers and introduce them to Stash Hotel Rewards through outbound communications including cold calls, in-person meetings, and emails.
- Schedule and conduct initial phone and web-based meetings effectively positioning Stash Hotel Rewards, turning qualified prospects into quality opportunities.
- Foster relationships, develop consensus, and conduct high-level negotiations with hotel owners/executives and hotel management companies. Negotiate and close business.
- Support direct marketing campaigns, including following up on marketing efforts and qualifying and closing opportunities.
- Identify market trends and changes by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking prospect companies and target contacts.
- Manage, track and communicate on pipeline; communicate weekly on progress, challenges and other insights.
- Represent the company at trade shows, association meetings, and in person meetings and events.
- Ensure a smooth hand-off of new accounts to our Partner Advocacy team.
Skills and requirements:
Attributes of the ideal candidate:
- Has at least 5 years in B2B sales or business development (minimum 5 years).
- Loves traveling, particularly to independent hotels (you’ll be staying at a lot of amazing hotels). Has the ability to travel 10 days a month, on average
- Knows the hospitality business, from either working within the industry or selling to hotels. Ideally has experience selling to independent hotels.
- Understands (or can quickly grasp) hotel systems (PMS, CRS and channel managers) and hotel distribution channel dynamics. An appetite for learning new things.
- Intuitively understands fit. Can effectively discern if a prospect is a good match with our network standards.
- Believes in the power of loyalty and rewards programs. Like to nerd-out on loyalty and sales psychology.
- Is a digital native, and ideally has worked in an internet or technology-based company.
- Builds effective and long-lasting relationships with partners and clients.
- Influences and communicates cross-functionally with all levels of management at a potential partner hotel.
- Thinks analytically: identifies patterns, measures results. Can successfully develop and implement a strategic plan.
- Can quickly assess the market environment and business needs of a potential partner hotel.
- Tries and shares new ideas and learns from others as a positive team-player. Applies an entrepreneurial spirit to challenges and opportunities.
- Bounces back from rejection. Doesn’t fear cold calling and cold-outreach – a “hunter” by nature.
- Loves to meet and exceed goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Thrives in unstructured work environments. Likes to work autonomously
- Holds a BA/BS
Please visit our web site www.stashrewards.com or apply below.