Music Tech Startup seeks Music Producer
Production | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
StarMaker is tearing down the traditional music industry machinery and re-envisioning it. For decades, talent discovery was held back by an outdated model of record company gatekeepers. The next resurgence will happen between social and mobile... and we are building it (with our 100 million users).
StarMaker is the music talent platform for the digital age, providing the technology that drives the next generation of talent and video content. StarMaker partners with record labels including Atlantic, Interscope, Columbia, Hollywood, Island Def Jam, and RCA and with “The Voice” and “American Idol,” among others, to provide fans and talent with the most engaging music experiences. We have offices in San Francisco and Beijing.
As Music Producer, you'll be responsible for taking the best new songs and preparing them for our fans.
- Use your ear-training skills to create a MIDI track that follows the lead vocals of the most popular songs,
- Use your DAW MIDI skills to create additional MIDI tracks that accompany the music,
- Use your creative judgement in designing the different experiences we offer for our fans.
- You must have ear-training skills to identify the melody of a song, note-for-note,
- Expert knowledge working with a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). Experience with one of Cubase, Logic Pro, ProTools, FL Studio, CakeWalk, or Reaper.
- Experience creating MIDI tracks. You must have an understanding of channels, manual plotting of note position and duration, when quantization is appropriate, and matching (synchronizing) MIDI tracks to Audio tracks.
- Experience with plugins or tools that perform pitch-detection.
- Good knowledge of both modern popular music and the "classics"
- A basic knowledge of the music industry, since you will also assist with music licensing research
What we have:
- A team that moves quickly and loves to experiment.
- Competitive pay and health benefits.
- A fun music-oriented work environment, with plenty of natural light, tunes always on the stereo, and a bar one floor below.
- Millions of StarMaker fans excited for what we’re going to do next.
What We Need:
- Resume and cover letter
**MUST BE BASED IN SF BAY AREA - NO REMOTE**