Teacher Assistant in Early Learning Center
Early Learning Center/Preschool | Los Angeles, CA
About Us: St Anne's, established in 1908, is a nonprofit organization. We have a number of programs including a residential facility for at risk girls, a transitional housing program for at risk women, an Early Learning Center for their children as well as providing mental health services to families within our area. For more details call Mindy, 213-381-2931x255
- Planning and implementing the program for the class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the child development center, and CDE.
- Assist with end of the month reports.
- Participating in gearing the program to the needs of individual children with concern for their interest, handicaps, special talents and individual style and pace of learning.
- Helping children become aware of their roles as integral members of a group. Assist in the ordered arrangement, appearance, décor, and learning environment of the classroom.
- Assist with conducting parent conferences on children’s adjustment and behavior.
- Assist the Teacher supervising the classroom.
- Assisting the Lead Teacher and Teacher in ensuring the smooth coordination of all classroom activities and staff and student interrelationships.
- Provides supervision, protection, and care of all children individually and in groups.
- Setting of limits for behavior.
- Documents child’s progress; identifies possible need for professional services; communicates such findings to professional staff.
12 units ECE
Part of units should include:
- 3 Units Child/Human Growth & Development
- 3 Units Child/Family & Community
- 3 Units Practicum/Curriculum
- 3-6 Infant/Toddler Units Preferred (must be willing to take if do not have currently)
- Preferred Teacher Child Development Training Consortium Permit
- Please list your harder requirements and "nice to haves" here. This section should be keyword-rich - i.e. please include the keywords you anticipate that job seekers will use to search for jobs on job boards.
- Please list anything that makes working for your company unique or special - i.e. Can people work from home, do you offer special benefits (company car, expense account, stock options, etc).