Residential | Los Angeles, CA
St Anne's, established in 1908, is a nonprofit organization. We have a number of programs including a residential facility for at risk girls, a transitional housing program for at risk women, an Early Learning Center for their children as well as providing mental health services to families within our area.
Responsible for monitoring, supervising, and guiding the residents in their daily routine. Provides a healthy, therapeutic and safe environment for residents and their children in their direct care. Facility is a level 12/locked unit. The clients are female from 11-18 years mandated by the court to be here. We usually start new staff either on call or part time. There is opportunity to move to full time if desired. Variety of shifts since program is 24/7. Pay $13.50 on call, $13.48 with degree for regular shift, $12.98 without degree.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provides supervision, protection, and care of residents individually and in groups at all time.
- Provides assistance to each resident in working with a group and in handling individual problems.
- Administers discipline and setting of limits for behavior.
- Documents residents progress; identifies possible need for professional services; communicates such findings to professional staff.
- Participates in mandatory trainings, in-service, and meetings.
- Maintain regular, consistent, and timely attendance.
- Maintain confidentiality as required by St. Anne’s, licensing, HIPPA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Ensure safety of residents while transporting to and from appointments as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related degree, or two years of experience working with children or adolescents is preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier.
- Please list your harder requirements and "nice to haves" here. This section should be keyword-rich - i.e. please include the keywords you anticipate that job seekers will use to search for jobs on job boards.
- Please list anything that makes working for your company unique or special - i.e. Can people work from home, do you offer special benefits (company car, expense account, stock options, etc).