Mental Health | Los Angeles, CA
St Anne's, established in 1908, is a nonprofit organization. We have a number of programs including a residential facility for at risk girls, a transitional housing program for at risk women, an Early Learning Center for their children as well as providing mental health services to families within our area.
Provide peer support to parents served by the program and assists them to successfully engage with the wraparound counseling process and staff.
Utilize personal and professional life experience to provide peer support to parents and caregivers served by the program.
- Access community-based resources appropriate to the family’s needs commensurate with the wraparound philosophical principles.
- Interface with DCFS, DMH, court systems, schools, health care providers and other community liaisons.
- Assist family with developing a needs/strength assessment, comprehensive Plan of Care.
- Provide support and advocacy which are family-centered, community and strength-based.
- Provide 24-hour availability and crisis intervention on an as needed basis.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings, inter-agency meetings and in-service trainings.
- Conducts visits to homes and or other service providers in order to help client achieve their service plan goals.
- Follows states and agency laws regarding child abuse reporting.
- Completes reports, case notes and other documentation in a timely manner.
Parent Partner shall be defined as an employee who is, or has been, the parent or primary caregiver (not foster parent) of a child who received services from one of the following COUNTY Departments: DMH, Probation Department, and/or DCFS; or from Regional Center. A Parent Partner must, at the time of hire, no longer have an open case in either the Probation Department or DCFS. Bilingual Spanish. Able to pass background screen (no felonies/ misdemeanors). Have valid CA drivers license/car/insurance.
- Previous Parent/Family Partner, Peer Advocate and/or Parent Advocate experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with high-risk children and families preferred.
- Please list your harder requirements and "nice to haves" here. This section should be keyword-rich - i.e. please include the keywords you anticipate that job seekers will use to search for jobs on job boards.
- Please list anything that makes working for your company unique or special - i.e. Can people work from home, do you offer special benefits (company car, expense account, stock options, etc).