Strategic Account Executive
Customer Success | Austin, TX | Full Time
Square Root is hiring: Strategic Account Executive, Automotive
About Square Root
Based in Austin, TX, Square Root is a leading edge enterprise SaaS provider with a rapidly growing team of technology innovators. In 2013, Inc. magazine ranked Square Root as the 41st fastest-growing, privately held software company in America on the Inc. 500ǀ5000 list, and Square Root was named the 7th best place to work for in Texas in 2014.
Square Root has grown its team and customer base by standing by its founding principle: data should empower. Square Root’s cloud-based software leverages advanced data analytics to help businesses improve overall performance. Today, some of the biggest automotive, energy, and retail players use Square Root’s platforms and applications to optimize their daily operations.
In the past, we've let our customer list grow organically while we stayed focused on building great software. Now, we’re shifting gears and taking a more proactive approach to customer growth. Square Root is looking for a strategic account executive with a knack for automotive or retail sector business development and account management. We’re not so concerned about where you’re located as we are with what you can do – although, we would prefer a home base in Austin, Detroit, or Los Angeles. The Square Root strategic account executive will be in charge of building a pipeline, communicating the benefits of our suite of solutions, and generating new business with automotive OEMs and multi-unit retail chains. Are you a seasoned leader with a proven record of cultivating relationships and delivering new business results? If so, please apply via our recruiting portal JobScore.
- Build a pipeline of qualified opportunities across the automotive and multi-unit Retail sectors
- Refine solution messaging, as needed, to help executives and teams understand and relate to opportunities for driving value
- Forecast and generate revenues from new account acquisition
- Serve as a trusted advisor to customer executives and their respective teams
- Direct sales support from the various Square Root teams as needed
- Create and sell mutually beneficial pilot engagements, where appropriate, and convert to full deployments
- Leverage best practices, industry trends and personal experiences to align solutions with a target company’s corporate objectives
- Build strategic relationships with cross-functional client teams
- Identify and engage with relevant ecosystem players
- Create and manage proposal activities as needed
- 10+ years of solution sales experience, with a history of driving, managing and closing enterprise technology deals to the Automotive sector
- Strong track record of carrying and exceeding a sales quota
- Ability to sell to C-Level executives and across IT and business lines
- Strong account planning and execution skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Proven consultative sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value case
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, and team-oriented environment
- Experience selling Software (Cloud/SaaS/On-demand/on premise) to large, strategic enterprise accounts
- Proven performance selling and directing multi-million dollar client engagements spanning multiple year
Square Root’s Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. We have fun, but we work hard. So, as we grow we’re not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we’re also looking for people that share our values. This is the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. We think big ideas are meant to be pursued. So, we think critically and have a bias for action and impact. We continually iterate to deliver smarter direction and better software.
- Be customer-inspired. We aim to over-deliver and delight by doing what’s best, not just what’s asked. That’s why we make it a priority to understand how our customers operate and the challenges that they face. We look for inspiration in the details so that we can deliver relevant and impactful solutions.
- Partner. We build strong relationships by having a partnership mindset – internally and externally. We go above and beyond to help our customers and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We set our internal bar high so that we can bring enthusiasm, speed, and innovation to the enterprise. We empower each Square Root employee to take ownership, act, and iterate to make everything we do – from work product to working environment – better. We revere personal drive, growth, and balance. We celebrate successes, and, sometimes, we just celebrate.
Square Root Perks
- No dress code, office hours, or vacation policy – only results matter
- A small, innovative team with a passion for making a huge impact on large, enterprise customers
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- Modern-retro downtown offices
- Team lunches, stocked kitchens, coffee-snob compliant coffee machines
- Regular office happy hours and a full office bar including local beer on tap and an expansive scotch collection