SOFTWARE ENGINEER, iOS MOBILE
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
Square Panda is seeking a Mobile iOS Software Engineer who will work with the internal Square Panda team (engineering, product, educational curriculum) and external engineering teams to develop and extend our cloud-based services. Square Panda’s Educational Cloud Platform delivers critical functionality to our innovative educational technology products.
The primary duties of the Mobile iOS Software Engineer will include developing the iOS SDK software that interfaces with the Square Panda Educational Cloud Platform and other mobile applications. Additional duties will include developing internal tools, technical research projects, supporting partners and internal stakeholders and other duties as required.
The successful candidate will be strongly versed in software development processes. Previous experience with a shipping, consumer product is a big plus. The Square Panda team is fun-loving, quirky, and full of self-starters. We are looking for someone who values working independently but with the support of a skilled and diverse group of individuals. You should be motivated, can figure out what to do next when there is downtime, and want to have an impact on the world.
This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering, with important relationships to the Product Team.
- Write a lot of code adding innovative features to our cloud services
- Extend and improve our existing software
- Debug issues and fix bugs
- Improve and extend product documentation
- Work collaboratively with other arms of the engineering team that are co-located in other countries
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop product requirements and innovative solutions
- BS in Computer Science or a related field and relevant experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong software development skills such as:
- experience with a source control system
- experience with an issue tracking system
- writing and maintaining your own unit tests
- experience with the design and development life-cycle
- knowledge of debugging and problem-solving methodology, particularly as reported against Production software
- Experience doing mobile app development for iOS
- Strong experience in many of the following areas:
- Modern, object-oriented programming languages: Objective-C, C++, Swift, Java, Scala, Ruby, …
- Programming frameworks: Spring, MVC, NodeJS, …
- REST-compliant API’s, SOA
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with the full end-to-end life-cycle of submitting an app to the Apple app store
- Previous start-up experience
- Have worked on shipping product
- Additional skills that add value to our company (technical or domain)
- A passion for our product space and a desire to improve the lives of others