REGIONAL PARTNERSHIP DIRECTOR: MIDWEST
Sales | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Job Title: Regional Partnership Director
Reports To: Vice President of Sales
The Square Panda™ Classroom Edition is the research-based, award-winning multisensory phonics learning system that incorporates components of cognitive neuroscience with educational technology. Learners in early literacy environments engage in visual, auditory, kinesthetic, and tactile learning through physical Smart Letters that interact with a library of learning games; creating highly-engaging, multisensory early literacy instructional experiences. Square Panda effectively turns tablets into a comprehensive multisensory phonics instructional tool, with 15 distinct levels of instruction and a cloud-based Teacher Panda Playground that tracks each student's progress and provides feedback to the student and the teacher. With demonstrated efficacy in PreK and Kindergarten populations, Square Panda has shown evidence of effectiveness on the PALS and NWEA pre and post assessments.
Report to and work directly with the VP of Sales to generate revenue through the sale of Square Panda’s software applications and services to the K-12 education market. Must be able to hold proactive conversations and provide needs analysis for targeted accounts within the area. Prospecting, qualifying, and coordination of all territory functions including developing new customers and selling to existing customers. Manage sales process from initial prospect contact through product demonstration, contract preparation, and final closing. Sell to and provide excellent sales support to prospects in person and via phone, web, and email to generate revenue for Square Panda in both new and existing markets.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Nurturing of targeted new accounts.
- Ability to manage 150 to 200 education customers and sell $1,000,000+ in new business and upsell business annually.
- Identify and develop multi-school opportunities that can be converted into district-wide sales.
- Secure top customer references.
- Use a consultative sales approach to sell Square Panda’s software applications and services to the K-12 education market.
- Own relationship from initial contact through the contract phase.
- Conduct product demonstrations as required.
- Manage quote creation, order processing, and respond to day to day prospect requests.
- Maintain records of all sales interactions using Square Panda’s CRM application and accurately forecast monthly/quarterly product sales.
- Participate in trade shows, conventions, sales meetings, and on-site prospect and customer visits as required.
- Gather feedback from prospects and stay abreast of competitive offerings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with the ability to work remotely with minimum supervision.
- Fast learner able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, independent environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; self-starter.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team across all levels of an organization.
- Solid problem solving and consultative selling skills required.
- Mature demeanor with the ability to engage with prospects in person or via phone, web, and email in a highly professional and customer-oriented manner.
- Excellent presentation, communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Detail oriented, skilled at providing consistent follow-up and follow-through.
- Understanding of sales with the ability to take a prospect through the sales process and “Ask for the order.”
- Technically savvy and competent in MS Office, Google Applications, GoTo Meeting, and Salesforce CRM.
- Knowledge of financial applications or school operations preferred but not required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Education, related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional sales experience.
- Experience in consultative sales, preferably in the software or SaaS market.
- Sales experience selling software applications in the K-12 education market a definite plus.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to travel in the territory approximately 10-15 days per month.
- Ability to travel to national conferences approximately 15 days per year.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented, software savvy, self-starter focused on learning, high productivity and sales success with an extraordinary desire to excel.