MANUFACTURING QUALITY ENGINEER
Quality Assurance | Beijing, Beijing, China | Full Time
Square Panda develops and sells photonic educational tools that enhance and foster children’s reading ability during early development.
As a Manufacturing Quality Engineer, you will join the team responsible for setting and managing the Quality standards for Square Panda’s educational product lines. You are a Quality expert with a track record of establishing Quality programs from the ground up. You are hands-on and have extensive involvement in the tools and techniques used to introduce dynamic photonic educational tools.
- Establish product Quality and Reliability standards for Square Panda products
- Manage cost of Quality throughout the life of the product
- Build Quality models for new products. Use models to predict Quality and Reliability performance and drive design and/or manufacturing improvements
- Work with various teams to ensure new and supporting products and are being designed and built per Square Panda’s Quality and Reliability requirements
- Establish dashboards and metrics and use a data-driven approach to identify problems driving resolution.
- Investigate failures and coordinate failure analysis, determining causes, categorizing failures and driving corrective action through Square Panda’s supply chain and design team
- Provide consultation and guidance to Engineering, Manufacturing and Commodity teams in the selection, sourcing, qualification, and application of components and suppliers.
- BA/ BS in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Engineering experience in Quality Assurance, Product Development activities, Manufacturing and Supplier auditing.
- Demonstrated experience using quality tools, methodologies in a manufacturing and/or engineering environment
- Experience in performing Design of Experiment (DOE), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and troubleshooting of hardware and manufacturing related issues
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to improve and promote quality, provide effective and constructive feedback to improve performance; and monitor work to ensure quality
- Vendor management, project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills to develop and manage excellent working relationships with internal departments (manufacturing, engineering, product development and regulatory), contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Must be able to accomplish objectives with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with strong organization skills when prioritizing multiple projects and/or assignments
- Must have a solid understanding of statistical processes and techniques
- Must be detail-oriented with strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in understanding consumer product safety requirements for global access markets; US CPSC (ASTM F963), EU (ISO 8124-1), CCC, BSMI, VCCI, PSE, C-Tick
- Knowledge of material analysis to ensure acceptance; ROHS PAH, REACH, US CA Prop65
- General understanding export rules and regulations (from China)
- Packaging and palletization requirements and constraints
- Understanding of EMI/ EMC and Bluetooth SIG testing requirements.
- May require travel up to 20% within China to support contract manufacturers and suppliers
- As the organization is headquartered in the US, with partnered manufacturers and suppliers in China; effective communication in English is required.
- An emphasis in Mandarin is required if positioned in China, a plus if positioned in the US
- ISO9001 certification
- ASQ CQE Certification
- The preferred position will be based in China; Beijing or Shenzhen