LEAD QA TESTER (GAME)
Game Development | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
Square Panda is a startup headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. We are in the Ed-Tech space, focusing on children's early literacy.
Square Panda is seeking a Lead QA tester at our Sunnyvale, CA headquarters who will work with the internal Square Panda team (Qa testers, engineering, product, educational curriculum) to perform testing on our library of mobile games.
The primary duties of the Lead QA tester will include leading a team of testers, running test plans, participating in bug triage and investigation as well as advising test plan definition and creation. Additional duties will include mentoring members of the QA testing team, and assisting the QA Manager as needed.
The successful candidate will be skilled in manual software QA testing with experience in testing mobile applications. Previous experience with shipping multiple products simultaneously is preferred. We need someone to provide expert advice, research, analysis and design of test plans, related strategies and test processes that are appropriate to the application, solution, project and/or business unit. As part of this role, you’ll develop test strategies for highly complex and multi-faceted projects.
The Square Panda team is fun-loving, quirky, and full of self-starters. We are looking for someone who values working independently but with the support of a skilled and diverse group of individuals. You should be motivated, enjoy a collaborative work environment, and want to have an impact on the world -- we help children learn how to read!!!
This position reports to the QA Manager
- Lead test team in the delivery of test planning, test preparation and test execution activities in adherence to test plan
- Create testing strategies, plans, and project documentation
- Lead creation, review, and sign-off of testing documentation
- Prioritize testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Manage testing activities and bugs to ensure they provide adequate information to the developers
- Participate in test case creation and test case execution when required to ensure test teams meet project timelines.
- Lead and support the team in creating reusable test scripts
- Help define resource requirements for testing efforts
- Provide insight, information, and recommendations on industry trends and significant issues
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation, teamwork while ensuring timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the game team
- 3-5 years of Test Lead experience leading a mobile QA team testing iOS and Android applications
- Solid knowledge of software development life cycle and project management life cycle
- Advanced knowledge of testing and software development practices in mobile and online applications and methodologies, version control practices and defect management practices
- Solid understanding of diverse technologies and distributed systems, with the ability to understand and acquire new technical skills.
- Experience working on Agile Projects and exposure to collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid knowledge and experience in mobile testing on both IOS and Android platforms
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with minimal support and quick learning
- Prior startup experience
- Likes to work collaboratively
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Have worked on shipping a product
- Experience testing mobile games
- Experience working with teams in remote offices
- Experience shipping multiple products simultaneously