iOS MOBILE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
Square Panda is a startup headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. We are in the Ed-Tech space, focusing on children's early literacy.
Square Panda is seeking a iOS Mobile Software Engineer who will work with the internal Square Panda team (engineering, product, educational curriculum) and extend our cloud-based services. Square Panda’s Educational Cloud Platform delivers critical functionality to our innovative educational technology products.
One of the primary duties of the iOS Mobile Software Engineer will be developing Square Panda's iOS SDK. The SDK communicates with our Cloud Back-end using REST APIs; handles common account-management functionality by communicating directly with the end-user; and connects the games with our Square Panda Phonics Playset, a BLE-enabled device. Additional duties will include developing mobile applications and internal tools, conducting technical research projects, and supporting partners and internal stakeholders as required.
The successful candidate will be strongly versed in software development processes. Previous experience with a shipping, consumer product is a big plus. The Square Panda team is fun-loving, quirky, and full of self-starters. We are looking for someone who values working independently but with the support of a skilled and diverse group of individuals. You should be motivated, enjoy a collaborative work environment, and want to have an impact on the world -- we help children learn how to read!!!
This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering, with important relationships to the the Product Team.
- Write a lot of code, including unit tests, to add innovative features to our Products
- Extend and improve our existing software
- Debug issues and fix bugs
- Improve and extend product documentation
- Work collaboratively with other arms of the engineering team that are co-located in other countries
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop product requirements and innovative solutions
- BS in Computer Science or a related field and relevant experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong software development skills such as:
- experience with a source control system
- experience with an issue tracking system
- writing and maintaining your own unit tests
- experience with the design and development life-cycle
- knowledge of debugging and problem solving methodology, particularly as reported against Production software
- Experience doing mobile app development for iOS
- Strong experience in many of the following areas:
- Modern, object-oriented programming languages: Objective-C ,C++, Swift, Java, Scala, Ruby, …
- Programming frameworks: Spring, MVC, NodeJS, …
- REST-compliant API’s, SOA,
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with/communicating with Bluetooth-LE (BLE) devices
- Experience with the full end-to-end life-cycle of submitting an app to the Apple app store
- Previous start-up experience
- Have worked on shipping product
- Additional skills that add value to our company (technical or domain)
- A passion for our product space and a desire to improve the lives of others