DIRECTOR OF INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN
Education & Research | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
Square Panda is seeking a full-time director of instructional design to oversee the content creation, assessment, and leveling of high-quality content for its early literacy program. This person will be responsible for working with a diverse team of curriculum, game and data experts to create engaging, interactive digital learning and assessment content for pre-K and young elementary students.
We are looking for an ELA content writer to partner with our curriculum and game design team to develop online and offline literacy content for children in grades pre-K through 2nd.
- Develop pre-K through 1st reading curriculum in both online and offline formats
- Develop reading assessments and leveling logic for digital games integrated with curriculum goals to help create high-quality, data-driven instruction
- Develop lessons to align with specific state-standards and student abilities
- Work closely with game designers and programmers to bring digital experiences to life
- Revise lessons based on testing sessions with elementary school children
- Direct a team of content writers to produce engaging experiences for students
- Provide subject matter expertise as needed for various company efforts
- Consult with content experts on curriculum development and assessment strategies
Basic Qualifications of Instructional Designer:
- Master’s degree in Education, Developmental psychology or related field
- Minimum of three (2) years successful teaching experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of curriculum development experience
- Experience with data-driven instruction and adaptive technologies
- Must enjoy a challenging work environment that requires significant flexibility, self-direction, and creativity
Preferred Qualifications of the Instructional Designer:
- Doctorate degree in Education, Developmental psychology or related field
- Understanding of assessment-driven adaptive learning principles & techniques
- ELA teaching experience at grade pre-K through 1st
- Experience in designing and administering early literacy assessments
Square Panda Inc. (http://www.squarepanda.com) is an educational technology startup focused on the single most powerful issue that has a direct impact on a child's life: early acquisition of literacy skills. Our award-winning connected playset and “smart letters” work with mobile tablet software to present a multi-sensory (touch, visual, audio) approach to the latest research-based curriculum. We are backed by the Andre Agassi Education Foundation and our staff is composed of cognitive development scientists, game developers, coders, and ed-tech marketing professionals. We have offices in Silicon Valley and Beijing and are experiencing rapid growth in both markets.
Square Panda is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.