Game Development | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
We are looking for an Associate Producer to help build and improve our fun and effective phonics-based learning games for kids! Square Panda is an educational technology startup dedicated to helping kids acquire the skills they need to be a fluent reader. Our team is comprised of passionate researchers, designers, engineers, and artists. At Square Panda, we believe multi-sensory play is the key to unlocking memorable learning experiences. We're looking for an individual who is excited to build kids games and help kids become strong, confident readers!
The associate producer is responsible for project management for interactive entertainment products. This person will manage the process from design through code release by closely tracking and analyzing project schedules, milestones goals, and assets. The idea candidate is a proactive problem solver with a self-starter mentality and an eye for detail. This position reports to the Senior Producer and is based in Sunnyvale.
- Track projects to schedule and milestones as assigned.
- Identify all task interdependencies and coordinate effective use of staff to ensure timely and accurate asset flow.
- Provide comprehensive analysis of development tasks to facilitate decisions based on accurate and measurable asset information
- Work with department leads to ensure they have all assets and information they need to pursue product development
- Assist with writing audio dialog as necessary
- Collaborate and coordinate closely with offshore development teams
- Track issues and help resolve blocking issues
At least 1 year of experience as Associate Producer of game development/production.
- Must have shipped at least one game and/or been involved with one project through a complete development cycle.
- Demonstrate exceptional organization, communication and management skills.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of software game industry trends.
- Must understand game development pipelines and how tools integrate into the engines.
- Working knowledge of asset tracking software.
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented and a problem solver with a burning desire to contribute to a uniquely creative environment.
- Must be flexible, receptive and embrace change in a fast-paced environment.
Experience with Unity
- Experience writing Dialog for children’s product
- Experience with Agile Development
- Experience with bug tracking software (Jira)
- Prior experience in a startup