Finance | New York, NY | Full Time
SQAD LLC is on the cutting edge of digital and traditional media cost measurement and forecasting. Recognized as an industry pioneer, SQAD’s data and systems serve the some of the biggest brands in media. SQAD provides reliable media cost data to advertising agencies, media buying companies, advertisers, television and radio stations, cable companies, program syndicators and Internet publishers.
- You will be part of a talented and expanding accounting/finance team that is responsible for creating/implementing a first-class financial reporting structure by enhancement of existing policies/systems and through the implementation of new software.
If you enjoy owning all accounting for contracts, including revenue recognition and billing, as well as learning new systems to automate these processes then this is a great opportunity for you. Your responsibilities include:
- Perform revenue recognition procedures in the Sage/Intacct Contracts module for each month.
- Maintain our monthly Revenue Comparison and variance analysis for each customer and contract by product.
- Prepare and provide timely management reports on the status of current contracts to the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Revenue Officer and members of the Management Team.
- Verify and validate contract information entered in SalesForce CRM agrees with the client contract.
- Complete required Intacct information in SalesForce CRM software and sync information between systems.
- Complete additional required contract information in Intacct to ensure billing and revenue recognition schedules agree with contract and comply with revenue recognition policies (i.e. ASC 605 and ASC 606).
- Review and approve monthly invoicing, prepared by billing analysist for accuracy and generated in accordance with company policy, as well as timely.
- Prepare billing, revenue and other client related reports for monthly financial reporting purposes, as well as other reports required by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Assist in the monthly reconciliation of recognized revenue compared to prior month and budget.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual revenue budget and updates to the revenue forecast throughout the year.
- Prepare periodic analytical reports, such as contract renewals, master customer listing, monthly recurring revenue and subscriber listings using advanced MS Excel functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 3 years of related revenue accounting experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working with Sage Intacct software, specifically with the Contracts and Advanced CRM modules.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, as well as work-ethic.
- Superior ability to manage multiple projects and to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Ability to develop processes to solve issues which arise as the company continues to grow.
- Sage Intacct software experience, specifically with the Contracts and Advanced CRM modules.
- Database experience, such as MS Access
- Experience tracking SaaS KPIs, such as MRR, ARR, churn, etc.
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits including healthcare, dental, paid time off, 401K, etc.
- Position can be out of the Tarrytown NY or NYC office, with ability to work remotely.
- An open, energetic and collaborative culture where your ideas and contributions are valued.