Product Marketing Manager
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
Product Marketing Manager - Manhattan, NY
What we are looking for:
We are seeking an accomplished Product Marketing professional to lead the go-to-market strategy for new and existing SQAD ad cost analysis tools and media planning software. You will join a small dedicated team focused on multi-faceted problem solving and brand communication management. You will work with the Director of Marketing to shape and develop the position and marketing for our software and data solutions in multiple markets.
You will work closely with and across Marketing, PR, Product Management, Sales, Research, and Training teams. This role requires an analytical marketer with a strong sense for methods to align the product offerings to user needs, which consistently adjust based on changes in trends, technology, and feedback from clients.
As a manager, you will not only help define the product marketing strategy for new advertising cost analysis data tools and media planning software, you will also need to be strong in execution and development of marketing materials, including sales collateral, case studies, training resources, external blog posts, and social media messaging.
- Own go-to-market strategy development and execution for new product launches and significant feature enhancements of existing products.
- Collaborate in the development of year-long marketing plans to drive adoption for SQAD data services and software features
- Help define the value proposition and messaging frameworks
- Drive articulation of product portfolio positioning as they align to user needs/goals
- Provide training to sales team emphasizing value propositions and technical demonstrations
- Work with Director of Marketing to create compelling sales and marketing collateral to drive adoption and understanding of new product features
- Manage and develop social media and blog content consistent with product messaging
- Coordinate with Success Team to create product adoption strategies
- Help coordinate Sales and Product teams in identifying new growth initiatives
- Work closely with Product Managers to identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from customers, sales, and competitive offerings
- Articulate competitive offerings to ensure product differentiation and competitiveness
- Identify research needs to support product positioning and go-to-market plans
- Contribute to the prioritization, development, and implementation of case studies and research to communicate the benefits of the product portfolio
- 5 years’ experience in product marketing, product management, and/or product development
- Strong focus on data-driven marketing development and decision-making
- Experience in distilling complex, analytically dense products into client-facing materials
- Demonstrated experience and ability in driving product positioning development
- Ability to create compelling sales collateral and marketing materials
- Excellent writing skills (emails, blogs, case study, white papers, etc)
- Excellent ability to mirror company culture/personality in writing
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs (InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop)
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to effectively manage time and tasks
- Ability to be self-managed while completing deliverables on time and on schedule
- Include "Where is John Stewart when we need him?" in your cover letter
- Outstanding attention to detail and following instructions
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to work collaboratively and contribute meaningfully to solutions
- Ability to effectively manage tasks and timelines
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) such as Wordpress
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Marketing/Communications
- Experience working with SQAD MediaCosts and/or MediaTools products
- Experience in, and a strong understanding of agency advertising planning and management, and/or brand advertising.
- Project management experience and high attention to detail
- Social media messaging and calendar development
- Experience working with a small dynamic and diverse team
- Ability to flexibly adapt to changing needs and pivot quickly
- Entrepreneurial spirit/ability to propose innovative solutions
- Experience working cross-functionally across Sales, Product Management, Marketing, PR, Legal, and Research
- Analytical thinking abilities shown to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
- Quick decision-making abilities demonstrating dependable delivery under tight timing and pressure
- Experience working with Infusionsoft, Salesforce, Confluence, Slack
We believe it’s important to take great care of our team members, so we offer a competitive collection of benefits.
You will enjoy competitive benefits:
- 17 Days PTO, 10 Holidays
- Paid-Day for Charity Volunteering
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Short term and Long term Disability.
- 401K including 50% match up to 6% of your salary
- Fabulous Colleagues
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be successful in this position, submit your resume and cover letter. We’re anxious to get the right people on our team and keep pace with our phenomenal growth momentum.
About our company:
By being a FUN!, people-focused, solution-driven team, we create trusted data tools & efficient applications so our clients are more innovative, flexible, productive, & successful. Every member of our team is fully focused on, and held accountable to that standard; and expected to uphold our 10 Commitments to our associates & our clients. Be sure to include "Underwater Basket Weaving" in the Special Skills section of your resume.
Our 10 Commitments:
- PROFESSIONALISM – Always be professional with colleagues & clients
- PARTNERSHIP – Discover & cultivate effective partnerships with colleagues & clients
- REINVESTMENT – Find ways to improve & grow by adding creativity, skills, and expertise
- VALUE – Create real value & love for our company among colleagues & clients
- INNOVATION – Discover & encourage new ideas and solutions through collaboration
- EXPERTISE – Invest time and resources for increasing market leadership
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Own your results, stand behind your work, always be improving
- INTEGRITY – Always engage with colleagues & clients honestly
- FLEXIBILITY – Be open to pivot and shift as new information becomes available.
- TRUST – Be the team player that is reliable, dependable, and engaged at all times
We’ve been in business for more than 40 years as a leader in creating data and software solutions for the advertising & marketing industry. Our name is synonymous with battle-tested, mission-critical tools that make our clients more competitive & efficient. Our commitment to our clients has empowered us to develop new technologies that are revolutionizing the industry, and we’ve only just scratched the surface of what we’re capable of creating. Over the next 3 years, we’re on track to see our most explosive growth in our history. There has never been a better time to be part of our team.