Director of Customer Success/Account Director (Hybrid)
Client Service/Support | Hybrid/IL | Full Time
****THIS POSITION IS A HYBRID POSITION IN EVANSTON, IL****
This full-time position requires a proactive, experienced, detailed, and client-facing professional that possesses a demonstrated ability to successfully deliver on SQAD and client goals.
At SQAD, the Client Services organization's key focus is to help our clients to achieve their business goals and ensure they recognize the ongoing value in their investment in our products. We work to understand our clients' business and establish relationships with key stakeholders to win trust over time. The Director of Customer Success will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients, as well as a team of Customer Success Managers responsible for client retention and growth, driving adoption and business value by conducting business reviews, driving product awareness, sharing industry best practices
The ideal candidate has a strong passion for ensuring customer’s success, previous hands-on leadership experience, comes from a SaaS background, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This person will mentor and coach a team of Customer Success Managers in helping customers realize their business objectives with SQAD’s products. Partner with the CCO, Marketing, Product, and Sales teams, and other critical stakeholders to advocate for our customers. The Director of Customer Success will report to the Chief Customer Officer.
Who We Are:
SQAD technology and data are mission-critical MarTech tools for digital and traditional media planning, audience analytics, and advertising cost measurement. Recognized as an industry pioneer for more than 40 years, our data and applications serve the largest multinational brands and advertising agencies in the world. SQAD provides trusted advertising media data to agencies, buying services, advertisers, television and radio stations, cable operators, program syndicators, and internet publishers.
- Manage and be the lead point of contact for a top-notch portfolio of clients, building relationships and trust that lead to retention and growth.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of Customer Success Managers.
- Orchestrate the customer's journey, leading cross-functionally to drive success, creating standardized success plans based on customer tier and focus, oversee all the lifecycle touchpoints, health metrics, product usage and feedback (CSAT)
- Guide the team on how to drive retention, adoption, advocacy, and growth by finding ways to deeply understand customer’s challenges, objectives, and become a trusted strategic adviser
- Identify opportunities to optimize metrics and processes, reporting, playbooks, etc. to enable improvements
- Manage account renewals for your customer base, collaborate with CSMs on business reviews, retention strategy and upsell motions to achieve Net Retention and upsell goals
- Partner with sales, marketing, and product to deliver best-in-class experiences for clients, as well as colleagues in the Client Services team.
- Develop key relationships with executives and decision-makers at the customer base
- Be a point of escalation for team members and customers
- Ensure the team is fully staffed, trained, and deployed to fulfill the strategic plan
- 4-7 years experience in managing a customer success team
- Experience managing a book of business in recurring revenue including managing the renewal and/or upsell process
- Executive presence and can concisely articulate value to anyone, at any level within our customer base
- Passion for business strategy and customer success
- Excel in problem-solving and have strong analytical skills - continuously thinking “How can I make this better? How can we improve this?”
- Highly resourceful, entrepreneurial, and driven
- Strategic mindset and execution excellence
- Experience with tools like Gainsight and Salesforce
By being a FUN!, people-focused, solution-driven team, we create trusted data tools & efficient applications so our clients are more innovative, flexible, productive, & successful. We believe it’s important to take great care of our team members, so we offer a competitive collection of benefits.
Every member of our team is fully focused on, and held accountable to that standard; and expected to uphold our 10 Commitments to our associates & our clients.
Our 10 Commitments:
1. PROFESSIONALISM – Always be professional with colleagues & clients
2. PARTNERSHIP – Discover & cultivate effective partnerships with colleagues & clients
3. REINVESTMENT – Find ways to improve & grow by adding creativity, skills, and expertise
4. VALUE – Create real value & love for our company among colleagues & clients
5. INNOVATION – Discover & encourage new ideas and solutions through collaboration
6. EXPERTISE – Invest time and resources for increasing market leadership
7. ACCOUNTABILITY – Own your results, stand behind your work, always be improving
8. INTEGRITY – Always engage with colleagues & clients honestly
9. FLEXIBILITY – Be open to pivot and shift as new information becomes available.
10. TRUST – Be the team player that is reliable, dependable, and engaged at all times
We’ve been in business for more than 40 years as a leader in creating data and software solutions for the advertising & marketing industry. Our name is synonymous with battle-tested, mission-critical tools that make our clients more competitive & efficient. Our commitment to our clients has empowered us to develop new technologies that are revolutionizing the industry, and we’ve only just scratched the surface of what we’re capable of creating. Over the next 3 years, we’re on track to see our most explosive growth in our history. There has never been a better time to be part of our team.