Engineering | Blackfoot, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following positions at our Blackfoot, ID location:
POSITION: Technical Writer
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The Technical Writer works in conjunction with Drafters, Engineers, Sales Consultants, and Production personnel to prepare detailed technical documentation of equipment, subcomponents, and individual parts for use in assembly instruction manuals, owner’s guides, service manuals, parts books, parts kits, sales and marketing brochures, and other manufacturing documentation. Documentation will be created for both paper-based and digital mediums. All documentation will be created using the software designated and approved by Spudnik. The Technical Writer will work with multiple departments such as Engineering, Production Control, Production, Service & Repair, Sales, as well as vendors and dealers so teamwork and customer service skills are vitally important. When required, the Technical Writer will provide information and support to necessary departments during activities such as fabrication, welding, assembly, troubleshooting, and repair processes. The Technical Writer will consistently demonstrate a high level of responsibility and accountability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Use required software and tools to create user documentation for a variety of customers such as assembly instruction manuals, owner’s guides, service manuals, retrofit kits, etc., that convey complex and technical material in a manner that is easily understood by the intended user;
- Utilize photographs, drawings, diagrams, animations, or illustrations to increase user understanding of technical materials;
- Readily update and modify completed or in-process documentation and supporting photographs/illustrations to reflect necessary design changes made during the design process;
- Standardize content across multiple delivery platforms and various media formats to ensure the consistency and accuracy of material being delivered;
- Consult other departments and staff such as Engineers, Drafters, and Production personnel to properly interpret design concepts, understand machine functionality, determine the nature and type supporting materials required, and to ensure the accurate relay of information to the intended user;
- Create and maintain parts book drawings in cooperation with Engineers and other departments;
- Prioritize work schedule based on build plan and customer needs.
- Current enrollment in or completion of Bachelor’s Degree program in technical communications or other technical field such as engineering, computer science, or web design, or equivalent workplace technical writing experience;
- Demonstrated experience making exploded drawings of machinery, equipment, or assembly components using 3D CAD software;
- Ability to successfully manage, prioritize, and organize multiple projects, deadlines, and tasks with little supervision in both team and independent environments;
- Excellent troubleshooting, critical thinking, and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate in groups or one-on-one settings;
- Commitment to excellent customer service for both internal and external customers;
- Ability to effectively work with CAD software, spreadsheets, word processing documents, Adobe Photoshop and Publisher, and other applicable computer systems and software;
- Mechanical knowledge and background is preferred.
PAY: $17.00 - $19.00/hr. DOE
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page.