Heyburn, ID | Heyburn, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position at our Blackfoot, ID location:
POSITION: Shop Manager
LOCATION: Heyburn, ID
The Outside Shop Manager is responsible for directing, coordinating, and developing business activities at the assigned shop. The Manager oversees personnel management, allocation of resources, and project management; establishes quality control standards; develops and achieves departmental and organizational goals; and actively engages in the expansion of product offerings and the development of new lines of business. The Manager must possess an entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrate the devotion of an owner. Teamwork and customer service skills are vitally important as the Manager works directly and indirectly with customers, vendors, employees, supervisors, and managers. The Manager will consistently demonstrate a high level of responsibility, integrity, attention to detail, and accountability while working in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grow the business by nurturing customer loyalty and winning new customers;
- Investigate, analyze, and prepare proposals for complementary lines of business;
- Support the sales function to deliver, setup, service, and warranty new machinery;
- Listen to and resolve customer relations issues;
- Develop personnel through use of hiring, training, performance management, coaching, mentoring; disciplinary actions, terminations, and similar personnel management activities;
- Coordinate and supervise employee responsibilities and enforce policies and procedures for the shop;
- Expect safe working habits and maintain a safe working environment;
- Ensure the proper maintenance for the shop and grounds
- Manage inventory levels to optimize inventory turns while balancing customer needs;
- Implement a forecast for parts inventory;
- Coordinate with Director to establish, implement, and track budgets and the use of available resources;
- Identify and justify any necessary capital improvements needed and present proposals to Director for consideration.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in a team environment with little or no supervision;
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work environment;
- Fill in during team member absences;
- Promote the company’s core values; integrity, respect, commitment, quality, innovation.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a retail parts sales or service environment;
- 5-7 years’ experience managing employees;
- Agricultural experience preferred, particularly with the potato industry;
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experienced computer skills, particularly with Microsoft products.
EQUIPMENT TYPICALLY USED
- Basic clerical machines including computer, printer, adding machine, multiline telephone system, fax machine, postal machine, etc.;
- Other machines or equipment specific to departmental or facility needs.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Medium work involving:
- Lifting (Up to 50 lbs)
- Visual Acuity
- Repetitive Motions
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. This may include a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dust mists, gases or poor ventilation. There is air and or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
PAY: Salaried Exempt; Salary depending on experince
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page.