Service & Repair Technician
Service and Repair | Grafton, ND | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position at our Grafton, ND location:
POSITION: Service & Repair Technician
LOCATION: Grafton, ND
Service and Repair Technician is responsible for performing field and in-house service and repair work for customers, the installation and setup of new machines, and ensuring customer satisfaction by performing high quality service work in a timely manner. Technician is also responsible for the accuracy of parts inventory and all manual and electronic records required for inventory purposes. Additionally, Technician will maintain accurate records for time keeping, billable hours, indirect labor, and quality improvement efforts. Technician will be available for overtime and shift work when necessary to meet the needs of the Service and Repair schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Commit to delivering excellent customer service, both in the shop and in the field;
- Repair and rebuild all types of agricultural equipment in the shop and in the field by using high-strength structural welding, fabrication, and assembly methods;
- Customize equipment through the rebuilding, fabrication, and assembly of additional parts;
- Perform basic repair and rebuild of hydraulic, electrical (high voltage), and electronic (low voltage) components;
- Travel to and from customer locations to perform service work as directed;
- Set-up and perform routine preventative maintenance on agricultural equipment, shop equipment, and specialized tools;
- Communicate material needs to appropriate sources using the proper procedures;
- Assist with packaging and shipping of equipment or parts for shipments as needed;
- Work in a cooperative and respectful manner with all internal and external customers;
- Meet and maintain hourly rates as set by department manager;
- Keep and maintain accurate records of hours, miles traveled, materials and supplies used, and other records required by department manager.
- Possess a valid Class A commercial driver’s license and current DOT medical card or the ability to obtain them;
- Ability to travel overnight if required;
- Experience with and ability to use equipment to fabricate metal parts;
- Experience with and ability to perform structural welding (stick and wire feed);
- Experience with and knowledge of electrical and fluid power systems;
- Experience and ability troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Ability to work from and understand verbal instructions;
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, wiring diagrams, and schematics;
- Excellent customer relations skills;
- Ability to operate lift trucks, pickups, and large trucks
- Ability to learn and communicate well with others;
- Proficiency in basic shop math.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TYPICALLY OPERATED:
- Welders, gas cutting equipment, pneumatic and electrical powered stationary and portable metal working equipment, various pieces of test equipment, lift trucks, powered industrial trucks, and pickup trucks, power tools, hand tools;
- Other machines and equipment specific to departmental or facility needs.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Very heavy work involving:
- Climbing Balancing Stooping Kneeling Crouching Crawling Reaching
- Standing Walking Pushing Pulling Hearing Talking Grasping
- Feeling Bending Repetitive Motions Small motor skills Visual acuity Lifting (Up to 50 lbs.)
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The worker is subject to indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. The environment includes a variety of physical conditions such a proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and working on scaffolding or other high places. The employee may be exposed to one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dust mists, gases or poor ventilation. There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
PAY: Depending on Experience
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled