Purchasing | Blackfoot, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position:
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The Purchaser performs a critical support role by conducting all the purchasing and requisition functions related to equipment production, repair and warranty services, stocked parts, and other organizational needs throughout the company. The Purchaser plays a proactive role in planning demand and coordinating parts replenishment to help ensure organizational effectiveness. Teamwork, cooperation, and customer service skills are important as Purchasers work closely with internal and external partners including vendors, Supply Chain personnel, Production personnel, Engineering Personnel, and Parts Sales Consultants. Quality of workmanship, attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and self-motivation are critical assets for this position. In order to respond to organizational needs, Purchasers will be available for extended work hours, as necessary. Continuous improvement will be a primary focus in order to optimize processes to better satisfy the needs of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Generate and issue Purchase Orders, communicating requirements to vendors in a prompt and accurate manner;
- Match incoming vendor acknowledgements with associated POs on a daily basis to confirm order information is accurate (e.g. delivery dates, pricing, quantities, terms, etc.);
- Hold vendors to contracted prices by ensuring invoice pricing and quantities match pricing and quantity information acknowledged on PO;
- Actively work to resolve freight invoice and vendor invoice discrepancies in a timely manner to ensure accounting accuracy;
- Maintain MRP accuracy through constant evaluation of MRP inputs and outputs in order to ensure the correct products are ordered in the correct quantities and at the correct times;
- Communicate with all shareholders if purchased parts are late, early, arrive in incorrect quantities, or arrive with incorrect specifications in order to resolve the situation and avoid shortage or backorder;
- Track and confirm information on any past-due POs backorders daily, ensuring that POs are processed as quickly as possible and materials are expedited as needed to meet the needs of the production schedule;
- Evaluate returned warranty parts and process accordingly with appropriate follow-through to resolution: Usable parts must be received and updated internally to reflect accurate stock on hand and unusable parts must be returned to vendors for credit or replacement;
- Maintain purchasing records (e.g. quotes, POs, acknowledgements, vendor credits) in accordance with established policies, procedures, and audit guidelines.
- Four year undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Finance, or related field or equivalent workplace experience;
- CPM and/or APICS CPIM Certification preferred;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.);
- Ability to effectively organize and analyze data;
- Excellent communication skills including, verbal, written, and through presentation;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain composure and meet deadlines while under stressful conditions.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Light work involving:
Sitting Handling Talking Repetitive motion
Standing Walking Stooping Pushing
Typing Lifting Kneeling Grasping
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The worker is primarily subject to indoor environmental conditions and an office setting. Occasionally, there will be exposure to manufacturing and production environments in which there is protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes; sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level; fumes, odors, dust mists, gases or poor ventilation.
PAY: Salaried exempt, DOE
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page