Production Support Technician
Production | Blackfoot, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position at our Blackfoot, ID location:
POSITION: Production Support Technician
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The Production Support Technician plays a significant role in the compilation and communication of production information. The Production Support Analyst is responsible for collecting, tracking, and reporting information from the production departments, converting the information into functional formats, and delivering timely and accurate reports to Production managers and supervisors. In order to respond to the demands of the build plan, the Production Support Technician must be available for overtime and flexible shifts when appropriate. The Production Support Technician is expected to demonstrate high levels of responsibility and accountability, working effectively and efficiently on assigned tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Effectively use ERP system software and additional software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Crystal Reports to optimize collection and aggregation of production information;
- Continually ensure data integrity and security policies are followed;
- Gather and process pick lists for Assembly, Weld, and Jig Weld departments;
- Accurately record, track, and report departmental time cards and time card discrepancies;
- Maintain current and accurate job time logs for each production department and deliver to production managers and supervisors on a daily basis;
- Perform daily cycle count, working to investigate and resolve errors in a timely manner and update results as appropriate;
- Maintain a continual supply of time cards, rework sheets, pink sheets for Assembly, Paint, and Stockroom departments;
- Process weekly reconciliation reports for production departments;
- Work in conjunction with Production Control department to process completed job order details including returns, pick lists, and time sheets;
- Play an active role in checking source documents for accuracy and report, investigate, and resolve discrepancies.
- Perform 10-Key by touch and type 45 wpm;
- Fluent in basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division);
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines;
- Excellent troubleshooting, critical thinking, and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to effectively work with ERP system, spreadsheets, word processing documents, database management software, and other applicable computer systems and software.
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Activities generally occur inside a production office environment. The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions typical of a manufacturing environment. There is protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. There may be sufficient noise at times to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. The production shop environment includes a variety of physical conditions such a proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and working on scaffolding or other high places. The employee may be exposed to one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dust mists, gases or poor ventilation. There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page