Internal Application: Press Brake Operator (Night Shift)
Fabrication | Blackfoot, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position:
POSITION: Press Brake Operator
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The Press Brake Operator will operate necessary equipment involved in production of metal parts used to manufacture equipment. The Operator is responsible for the correct set up and operation of press brakes that accurately modify the form, fit, and function of material. The Operator will use bills of material, mechanical drawings, customer order specifications, verbal instructions, and sample parts to produce accurate parts. The Operator will mark, clean, move, and organize parts according to current job packet. Operators will be available for fluctuating shifts and overtime where appropriate in order to respond to production needs. Operators will demonstrate a high level of responsibility and accountability while working effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Safely and efficiently operate machinery (press brake, saw, punch, shear, drill, burn table, etc.) to produce metal parts per customer orders in accordance with the timelines identified in the build plan;
- Understand the definition of quality and know the measurements for determining quality products;
- Inspect parts, both visually and technically (dimensional inspection), to ensure accuracy and quality standards have been met;
- Understand parts usage, correct parts flow, and proper organization/staging of parts between product lines;
- Become a technical expert for parts fabricated and be top performer in workmanship, safety, and work ethics;
- Safely operate material handling equipment such as forklift and overhead crane;
- Perform basic routine preventative maintenance on fabrication equipment;
- Keep and maintain accurate production records using timesheets and other methods identified by Supervisor;
- Recommend process improvements and participate in process improvement efforts;
- Actively work with internal and external customers to identify and resolve problems.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in a team environment with little or no supervision;
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work environment;
- Fill in during team member absences;
- Promote the company’s core values; integrity, respect, commitment, quality, innovation.
MACHINES TYPICALLY OPERATED:
- Press Brake, saw, drill press, mill, lathe, shear, burn table, iron worker, belt sander, forklift, overhead crane, etc.;
- Other machines and equipment specific to departmental or facility needs.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Medium work involving:
Climbing Balancing Stooping Kneeling
Crouching Crawling Reaching Standing
Walking Pushing Pulling Hearing
Talking Grasping Feeling Handling
Repetitive Motions Small motor skills Visual acuity Lifting (Up to 50 lbs.)
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions typical of a manufacturing environment. There is protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. The environment includes a variety of physical conditions such a proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and working on scaffolding or other high places. The employee may be exposed to one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dust mists, gases or poor ventilation. There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
PAY: Depending on Experience
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page.
SPUDNIK IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE