Sales | Heyburn, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position:
POSITION: Parts Salesperson
LOCATION: Heyburn, ID
Parts Salesperson is responsible for selling replacement parts to customers by identifying item number, description, price, quantity, etc. and filling customer orders. Salesperson will perform cash and charge transactions based on defined procedures. Salesperson will manage and maintain accurate inventory in warehouse by following prescribed policies and procedures. Teamwork and customer service skills are vitally important as the Salesperson works directly and indirectly with customers, vendors, employees, supervisors, and managers. The Salesperson will consistently demonstrate a high level of responsibility, integrity, attention to detail, and accountability while working in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of parts used in potato handling and harvesting equipment;
- Define the product needs of the customer by telephone, in-person, or written notification;
- Identify customer need date and material availability throughout the company;
- Perform inventory and sales transactions using appropriate invoicing methods;
- Move materials both physically and electronically in and out of the warehouse and perform cycle counting activities to maintain inventory accuracy;
- Investigate to find the root cause of errors in material accuracy and remedy
- Package and ship customer orders to arrive on time and damage free;
- Unload, receive, and store materials in the storeroom;
- Organize storeroom neatly to accommodate efficient inventory management;
- Order materials, report shortages, and maintain stocking levels for warehouse;
- Perform field and in-house service and repair on an as-needed basis.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in a team environment with little or no supervision;
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work environment;
- Fill in during team member absences;
- Promote the company’s core values; integrity, respect, commitment, quality, innovation.
- Agricultural experience preferred, particularly with the potato industry;
- Proficient in basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division);
- Excellent customer services skills;
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Well-developed computer skills, particularly with Microsoft products.
EQUIPMENT TYPICALLY USED
- Basic clerical machines including computer, printer, adding machine, multiline telephone system, fax machine, postal machine, etc.;
- Other machines or equipment specific to departmental or facility needs.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Medium work involving:
Climbing Balancing Stooping Hearing
Crouching Handling Reaching Standing
Walking Pushing Pulling Visual Acuity
Talking Kneeling Lifting Repetitive Motions
(Up to 50 lbs)
PAY: Hourly, Depending on Experience
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page.