Internal Application: Parts Loader
Fabrication | Blackfoot, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position:
POSITION: Parts Loader
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The Parts Loader is responsible for the timely and accurate flow of metal parts through surface preparation equipment. The Loader will use bills of material, mechanical drawings, customer order specifications, verbal instructions, and sample parts to accurately process parts. The loader will mark, clean, move, and organize parts according to the current job packet. Parts Loaders will be available for fluctuating shifts and overtime where appropriate in order to respond to production needs. Parts Loaders will demonstrate a high level of responsibility and accountability while working effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Load and unload metal parts on surface preparation machine to remove debris and clean parts in preparation for welding and painting processes;
- Safely and efficiently operate machinery (surface preparation equipment, overhead crane, belt sander, forklift etc.) to prepare metal parts per customer orders in accordance with the timelines identified in the build plan;
- Understand the definition of quality and know the measurements for determining quality products;
- Inspect parts, both visually and technically (dimensional inspection), to ensure accuracy and quality standards have been met;
- Understand parts usage, correct parts flow, and proper organization/staging of parts between product lines;
- Become a technical expert for parts fabricated and be top performer in workmanship, safety, and work ethics;
- Safely operate material handling equipment such as forklift and overhead crane;
- Perform basic routine preventative maintenance on surface preparation equipment.
- Keep and maintain accurate production records using timesheets and other methods identified by Supervisor;
- Recommend process improvements and participate in process improvement efforts;
- Actively work with internal and external customers to identify and resolve problems.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in a team environment with little or no supervision;
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work environment;
- Fill in during team member absences;
- Promote the company’s core values; integrity, respect, commitment, quality, innovation.
MACHINES TYPICALLY OPERATED:
- Forklift, pallet jack, overhead crane, belt sander, etc.;
- Computer, copier, scanner, telephone, printer;
- Other machines and equipment specific to departmental or facility needs.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Heavy work involving:
Climbing Balancing Stooping Kneeling
Crouching Crawling Reaching Standing
Walking Pushing Pulling Hearing
Talking Grasping Feeling Handling
Repetitive Motions Small Motor Skills Visual Acuity Lifting (Up to 50 lbs.)
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions typical of a manufacturing environment. There is protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. The environment includes a variety of physical conditions such a proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and working on scaffolding or other high places. The employee may be exposed to one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dust mists, gases or poor ventilation. There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page.
SPUDNIK IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE