Paint | Blackfoot, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position:
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The Painter is responsible for the painting of equipment and component parts according to the build plan and customer orders. The Painter will correctly set up and maintain the equipment involved in the preparation and painting processes. This includes ensuring all personal protective equipment is maintained and utilized correctly. The Painter will complete final inspections of painted parts prior to releasing to downline customer to ensure the highest quality product is being delivered. Painters will be available for fluctuating shifts and overtime where appropriate in order to respond to production needs. The Painter will demonstrate a high level of responsibility and accountability while working effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Prepare surfaces to be painted by washing, caulking, and scraping equipment and parts to ensure proper paint adhesion;
- Utilize various spray painting techniques including film build, gloss, coverage, and texture to apply paint coating to specified thickness, texture, and finish per customer orders and in accordance with the timelines identified in the build plan;
- Become a technical expert for painting techniques and equipment used and be top performer in workmanship, safety, and work ethics;
- Understand the definition of quality and know the measurements for determining quality products;
- Follow standard operation procedures (SOPS) and safety protocols when mixing, preparing, and applying paint;
- Adequately clean all equipment used in measuring, mixing, delivering, and spraying wet paint and perform basic preventative maintenance as necessary;
- Safely operate painting and material handling equipment such as spray guns and forklifts;
- Keep and maintain accurate production records using timesheets and other methods identified by Supervisor;
- Actively work with internal and external customers to identify and solve problems.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
- Work in a team environment with little or no supervision;
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work environment;
- Fill in during team member absence;
- Promote the company’s core values; integrity, respect, commitment, quality, innovation.
MACHINES OR EQUIPMENT TYPICALLY OPERATED:
- Handheld scraping tools, electrical sanders, grinders, HVLP spray gun, forklift, etc.;
- Other machines and equipment specific to departmental or facility needs.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Repetitive Motions
- Small Motor Skills
- Visual Acuity
- Lifting (Up to 50 lbs.)
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions typical of a manufacturing environment. There is protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. There is frequent exposure to conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin including fumes, odors, gases, and chemicals. The worker is required to wear a respirator. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. The environment includes a variety of physical conditions such a proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and working on scaffolding or other high places.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page
SPUDNIK IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE